Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 631,046 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 16, 2024, 11:17:26 PMI can only say between the Navy and the Army, but it would be the Navy.  Army doesn't believe in spices. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

New episode is up, on a Godzilla (1998) sequel treatment.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Have you ever felt special because your crush seems to enjoy talking to you, until you realize that you're just like another chipmunk among thousands who she gives nuts to? :'( 👉👈

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Never.  Any time I go to the strip club, I'm convinced that I'm the only one they're nice to.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

We were running a grenade range as the sapper company and we'd been out all day in full kit and it was about 100 degrees but felt much hotter.  When you are in full kit you can add about another ten degrees to the feels like.  So if it feels like 110 with the humidity you can add another ten (at least) to what it feels like underneath your body armor.  We drunk all of our water in the first hour of us being there. 

They brought us lunch, and I got a drink just assuming it was going to be water or gatorade but it was black.  Then I assumed it was going to be iced tea. Took a big swig.  Shit was hot coffee.  NO WATER was brought.  Sometimes in the Army you just sit in blind rage for a few moments at stupid things that happen and that was one of them.  I don't know why, but I was so mad for about fifteen seconds that I splashed the coffee at the guy who delivered its feet, and was like "Why the f**k did you bring hot coffee when its 115 f**king degrees?" and then tossed my food in the trash, and just lived the rest of the day dehydrated and dizzy as f**k (even if you don't have liquids to drink you can still get some hydration with food).  My piss was brown when I got back.  I think what saved me was that about fifteen other people were shaking their heads in agreement when I had my mini breakdown and they kind of realized how stupid that choice of beverage was given the circumstance.  They ALL outranked me though so I dodged a bullet there.   

Squids can have coffee though, shit is nasty.   

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't think I've ever seen you so happy.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It isn't conveyed on here, but generally speaking I am known to have a positive attitude.  Online is just where I vent frustrations.  I think that probably had something to do with me not being smoked by our leadership during that incident (that it was out of character), and the fact that it was our guys that brought the food. 

Also the fact that I'm bigger than most people lol. 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Apparently the coffee is not the only thing good on that ship:  ;D

https://twitter.com/ChowdahHill/status/1747119899351146913

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

In the Army, taco tuesdays always goes about as well as expected. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 22, 2024, 05:00:02 PMIn the Army, taco tuesdays always goes about as well as expected. 

Do they season the meat?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Tacos but without the spice?

I suspect the US Army might have been modelled after the Ancient Roman army. The legionnaires were purportedly given foul tasting food to make them meaner on the battlefield.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 22, 2024, 05:09:26 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 22, 2024, 05:00:02 PMIn the Army, taco tuesdays always goes about as well as expected. 

Do they season the meat?

A little.  But mostly the soldiers season the toilets, and if you are in an open barracks, taco tuesdays can be particularly rough. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

@Kimarhi, can you get sugar and milk with your coffee in the army or is that a bit extravagant?

https://twitter.com/ChowdahHill/status/1750103804635189390

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed