Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 630,153 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Got everything cleaned up, packed up or thrown out. All traces of the holidays are now gone. C'mon New Year.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 28, 2018, 08:48:07 PM
Got everything cleaned up, packed up or thrown out. All traces of the holidays are now gone. C'mon New Year.

N O P E,  N O T  R E A D Y!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 28, 2018, 08:50:40 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 28, 2018, 08:48:07 PM

N O P E,  N O T  R E A D Y!

Ready or not, here it comes.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Putting this here because I don't know how I feel about it yet . . .

So, last night, I kinda swayed myself back toward attempting to go back in the Navy. I figured, "Fine. This was a good plan for me back in high school. There's so much I'll be able to do once I crawl through the sewer that is boot camp." I know what to expect, but knowing what to expect is what's holding me back.

I'm afraid. My parents know I'm afraid. I'm ashamed that I'm afraid. I'm afraid of what could happen to me, mentally. I daydream a lot. I don't do it when I drive, thank God, or when I'm working on something important, but I daydream constantly. I like to observe my surroundings. I write; I get ideas from everything. In boot camp, I can't write. There's no time. The RDCs will rip you a new asshole if you're caught doing something a hair out of what they want. The first time around, I found that not being able to just glance at my surroundings (you get yelled at for that), was painful. Not sure why. No looking up, looking down, left, right, whatever. Just forward. Being unable to write or daydream or talk to people was, honestly, a horrible feeling. I really worried about what was going to happen if this type of energy was not expelled in a healthy way. I couldn't see a chaplain, and you're not allowed to go to church on the first Sunday you're there.

I don't even care about passing the run at this point. I don't know what I should do about preserving my mental health if I decide to try again.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 29, 2018, 07:21:31 PM
Clipped

Spoiler
Touchy subject, so I'll just be honest. There are people who are cut out for it, and there are people who aren't. My best friend and I almost enlisted together. We both had veterans in our family, and they were imploring us to go to school instead, but we were dead set on going in. He wanted Air Force, I couldn't decide between Navy or Marines. But as the days approached, the political aspects of what was happening at the time led us to rethink that decision. I'll only quote him from his famous, "No man, f*ck that sh*t. I ain't gettin' blown up so Cheney can make bank and (insert arab stereotype) can get a free house".

That being said, was I also afraid? Damn right I was afraid. I was scared to death. Everytime we watched the evening news, more personnel had been killed, and it just wasn't stopping. Could I have done it? Yeah, I could've, but I would've been absolutely miserable and ticked off the whole time. So I'm definitely grateful for the sacrifice of those who serve, and my prayers and love are with them everyday.

I like being me, I don't like people telling me how to live, what and when to think, what to do or when to do it. When I can see my loved one's, my friends. When I have to turn the lights out, when and where I could pray, or place any kind of limits on my faith. And I don't tolerate people getting loud with me or trying to destroy my sense of self worth. Millions of others died so I could be free, and damned if that's now how I'm going to live.

So everyday, I roll up my sleeves and go to work. I contribute to society, respect the law, and pay my taxes. When I clock out and my work is done, I can do what I want. I go where I want, meet who I want and say what I want. I don't have to dress a certain way or look a certain way. I can be myself, pure and simple. If I want to take a day off, I do. If I want to go shooting or fishing, driving or playing music, I do. My life is my own, I earn it. It belongs to nothing and no-one else, until the day I stand before God and join it with another's in marriage.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

@Xenomrph

Huggs

Huggs

Anybody know how Fiorina's doing? Are you out there brother?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Probably dealing with all those double chromosome guys.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

This is the first time I don't feel headed into a creative fog for the next few months.

I still don't like January/February, regardless. Not to mention, I didn't make any resolutions. I could never keep them. I've been maintaining my goal of losing weight for the last year-and-a-half. It's been extremely slow, but I'm glad I'm seeing results. I don't need to make it a New Year's thing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I hate this part of holidays. Waiting. Currently waiting for the first leg of my journey home. Really enjoyed it but miss my own place.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2019, 04:25:53 AM
I hate this part of holidays. Waiting. Currently waiting for the first leg of my journey home. Really enjoyed it but miss my own place.

The giant lizard soured you on the place, didn't he? :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Haha, no! It was thankfully free of monster attacks. Now waiting for the connection flight back to the UK. I am just so damn tired.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2019, 07:20:10 PM
Haha, no! It was thankfully free of monster attacks. Now waiting for the connection flight back to the UK. I am just so damn tired.

He's gonna honor his digital namesake by conking out as soon as the plane takes off.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I try to but I can't. I'm just too uncomfortable. Landed back in the UK. Waiting for luggage and lifts. I just want to go to bed. I hate travelling like this.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2019, 10:48:12 PM
I try to but I can't. I'm just too uncomfortable. Landed back in the UK. Waiting for luggage and lifts. I just want to go to bed. I hate travelling like this.

Well, dang. I enjoy traveling.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed