Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 622,351 times)

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Mainly for a change of scenery and a new start. I was getting nowhere with my life living in redneck central, in eastern Tennessee at the heart of the Biblebelt. There's many opportunities for artists and writers out here from what I've heard and researched, so also hugely in part to pursue my ambitions. People are also more open-minded in Northern California (much more so than redneck TN).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Good luck to you, Dan! Nice to see you having such a positive attitude to it!  :)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Dan Grant on Aug 25, 2015, 08:37:35 PM
Mainly for a change of scenery and a new start. I was getting nowhere with my life living in redneck central, in eastern Tennessee at the heart of the Biblebelt. There's many opportunities for artists and writers out here from what I've heard and researched, so also hugely in part to pursue my ambitions. People are also more open-minded in Northern California (much more so than redneck TN).

Good luck dude!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Dan Grant on Aug 25, 2015, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 25, 2015, 05:48:58 PM
Quote from: Dan Grant on Aug 25, 2015, 05:43:49 PM
Left El Paso a few hours ago. It was weird being in such close proximity to another nation, literally like a few hundred feet away sat Mexico. o.0 -just looks up- WTF THESE ROCK FORMATIONS...!!!!

Are you moving?

Yes. I will officially be a Californian in T-Minus 12 hours. :) Gonna be at a homeless shelter for about a week or 2 but no biggie, got some writing and miscellaneous jobs lined up.

What kind of writer are you? I know you did the Alien Horizon script - are you trying to break into film?

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 26, 2015, 02:22:14 PM
Quote from: Dan Grant on Aug 25, 2015, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 25, 2015, 05:48:58 PM
Quote from: Dan Grant on Aug 25, 2015, 05:43:49 PM
Left El Paso a few hours ago. It was weird being in such close proximity to another nation, literally like a few hundred feet away sat Mexico. o.0 -just looks up- WTF THESE ROCK FORMATIONS...!!!!

Are you moving?

Yes. I will officially be a Californian in T-Minus 12 hours. :) Gonna be at a homeless shelter for about a week or 2 but no biggie, got some writing and miscellaneous jobs lined up.

What kind of writer are you? I know you did the Alien Horizon script - are you trying to break into film?

Yes. Writing in general. If any place is going to be good for getting published it is Cali. Officially at the San Francisco bus station hijacking their wifi, bwahahahahaha.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just been listening to Muse so that inevitably lead to the Watchmen opening credits and now I wanna watch that. I f**king love that film.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Well, I'm tired of SF already. Its pointless to live here if you're not already wealthy and have friends. I have been here almost 2 weeks and only made one friend and he lives in Sacramento. The ironic part is he said he'd have some of his clients in LA look at my screenplay...

Anyway, since I've pretty much already accomplished what I came here to do... I have no desire to continue living here with these self-righteous fopdoodles.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wow. Sorry to hear that!  :(

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Fingers crossed it was worth two weeks of homelessness. :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What did you do whilst you were there?

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Well, I met this writer, who actually knows quite a few people in LA, one of them recently started working in Hollywood. The best (yet most awkward part) of the whole thing is he's gay, and thinks I'm hot. xD Said he'd let someone see my screenplay, which is copyrighted of course. I'm not gay, personally, but the ball is definitely in my court because of this. xD The universe works in mysterious and very eccentric ways.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Dan Grant on Sep 04, 2015, 11:17:25 PM
Well, I met this writer, who actually knows quite a few people in LA, one of them recently started working in Hollywood. The best (yet most awkward part) of the whole thing is he's gay, and thinks I'm hot. xD Said he'd let someone see my screenplay, which is copyrighted of course. I'm not gay, personally, but the ball is definitely in my court because of this. xD The universe works in mysterious and very eccentric ways.
What type of script is it a action script.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=53250.0

You can read it here.

Why the hell not? If it gets stuff done. I always used to do work for the ladies I found attractive first. Same as I used to get favours done for me from a fella who used to fancy me. Its the way the world works.

Master Chief

Master Chief

[...]Said he'd let someone see my screenplay[...]
If...?

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN! :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed