What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 609,009 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 13, 2022, 12:54:31 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 12, 2022, 09:52:29 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 12, 2022, 09:29:02 PM
I've just been trying to kick the meltdown down the road with humour and antics but I feel like I'm eventually just going to explode.

Welcome to the club

Well I mean my situation doesn't compare at all to yours buddy, and I don't mean that to rub it in but more that my problem is so much smaller by comparison.

No worries. I genuinely think you feel the same things I've been feeling for the last couple of weeks. Hope everything turns out okay for you

Kradan

Kradan

A tooth fell off this morning. Goddamit  :'(

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 16, 2022, 10:44:16 AM
A tooth fell off this morning. Goddamit  :'(

I'm worried about one of mine too. Hopefully that's the only stress tooth you lose though.

What I came here to say though is that I almost certainly have The Coof, and it's not awful so far but isolating til I can get a test, which is itself a ridiculous procedure if you're symptomatic and actually follow the rules here, and then a week longer if it's positive, is a huge pain in the ass.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

When I had it, I got a good laugh out of the fact the official government advice at the time was to isolate for 10 days from when I first started experiencing symptoms, not from when I first tested positive.

Given that I didn't actually test positive until about 12 days after I first thought I might have it, that means a) I technically didn't have to isolate at all despite testing positive every day, and b) the entire time I had it and was presumably infectious I wasn't isolating because the tests kept telling me I was fine.

SiL

SiL

Raising your first child is just ... super f**king hard.

Probably goes without saying.

But f**k.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SiL on Mar 16, 2022, 11:12:59 AM

But f**k.
Been there and it is hard.  Just be sure to keep your sense of humor.  Also remember, as you care for the little one, don't forget to give your wife the TLC that she needs.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 16, 2022, 10:56:04 AM
When I had it, I got a good laugh out of the fact the official government advice at the time was to isolate for 10 days from when I first started experiencing symptoms, not from when I first tested positive.

Given that I didn't actually test positive until about 12 days after I first thought I might have it, that means a) I technically didn't have to isolate at all despite testing positive every day, and b) the entire time I had it and was presumably infectious I wasn't isolating because the tests kept telling me I was fine.

My version of that is that if you're already symptomatic, you're supposed to order a pack of tests (for free) from a govt. website rather than going in person and buying them from a chemist or going to a public testing site. The issue is, the courier system is f**ked from covid, so the tests won't arrive til mid next week.

Wut?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

For added lulz, we had to do PCR tests after out lateral flows came back positive, which they sent us in the post. Then, despite receiving about three emails a day telling us we weren't allowed to leave the house, we had to walk into town to a specific post box right in the middle of the high street - the place where there will be the most other people milling about - to send the PCR tests back ::)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Just sounds dumb?

Here if your home test is positive you set up appointment up with the pharmacy for a PCR test. Then you drive up there and take the test in the drive through, then pass the sample back through a drawer, the whole thing is done without coming into contact with anyone else.

Testing seems to work fine over here.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 16, 2022, 03:24:29 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 16, 2022, 11:12:59 AM

But f**k.
Been there and it is hard.  Just be sure to keep your sense of humor.  Also remember, as you care for the little one, don't forget to give your wife the TLC that she needs.

And say goodbye to sleep! :o

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

To follow up basically since November 2020 there was a glitch in their system so they were overpaying me apparently.

Despite me doing everything right and being an issue on their end they still want all their money back. "Thankfully" this will be done by taking $44 off of future monthly income for about the next 13 years.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

God I love bureaucracy.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 17, 2022, 02:07:50 PMJust sounds dumb?

Here if your home test is positive you set up appointment up with the pharmacy for a PCR test. Then you drive up there and take the test in the drive through, then pass the sample back through a drawer, the whole thing is done without coming into contact with anyone else.

You can do that here too, but the nearest one for us is about 12 miles away.

Of course, if I'd realised ahead of time we couldn't just pop the test return in the post box at the end of our street I would've gone to the test centre.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 17, 2022, 03:09:08 PM
God I love bureaucracy.

And it loves all of us  ;)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

At least it's resolved now and is one more item to check mark on my list of adult responsibilities.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed