What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 600,417 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 30, 2019, 07:34:02 PM
My Grandmother passed away,
nearly exactly four years after Grandad.

So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 30, 2019, 09:35:34 PM

So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers...

Indeed. Sorry Old One.

The Old One

The Old One

Thank you, everyone.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm really sorry to hear.  :( *cyber hugs*

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Im so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it must be

TheSailingRabbit

Appointment was made for 1:30 for Sweetie to go.

I didn't think it'd be this soon.

I don't know what to do.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Just spend all the time you have left with it. Every minute you have.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 31, 2019, 03:46:29 PM

This right here.

Make sure the last moment you spend with her is full of love. It's difficult to stay calm in such situations, but just tell her you love her and give her one last hug and kiss before you hand her to somebody else. If at all possible, (and please know I say this from experience and because I care about you) I recommend not being there when she passes. If a parent or a grandparent can go back with her and the vet, that would be preferable in the long run. Your last memory of her should be filled with life and love.

You're in my thought and prayers. If you need to talk at anytime today, I'm right here.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 31, 2019, 04:38:43 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 31, 2019, 03:46:29 PM

This right here.

Make sure the last moment you spend with her is full of love. It's difficult to stay calm in such situations, but just tell her you love her and give her one last hug and kiss before you hand her to somebody else. If at all possible, (and please know I say this from experience and because I care about you) I recommend not being there when she passes. If a parent or a grandparent can go back with her and the vet, that would be preferable in the long run. Your last memory of her should be filled with life and love.

You're in my thought and prayers. If you need to talk at anytime today, I'm right here.

Yeah, I'm not going. I can't even hold her because she's lost control of her bladder.

Part of me wants to focus on something else. I don't know what else to do.

Huggs

Huggs

All you can do is get through it. But the moment it's over, the healing process begins.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 31, 2019, 04:38:43 PM
I recommend not being there when she passes.

I've been there. I felt I should be honestly. It's a personal decision. But it's wasn't easy and it does haunt you afterwards. It sticks with you.

Huggs

Huggs

Some people can take it, some can't. Some think they can but regret it later.

I know people who were doubtful they'd survive it, who cried for a few hours and recovered just fine. I also know people who did it and are still screwed up.

It's best to ask the vet what to expect first and take a moment to decide if that's something you can personally handle.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

That's good advice.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 31, 2019, 05:53:12 PM
Some people can take it, some can't. Some think they can but regret it later.

I know people who were doubtful they'd survive it, who cried for a few hours and recovered just fine. I also know people who did it and are still screwed up.

It's best to ask the vet what to expect first and take a moment to decide if that's something you can personally handle.

I've held both of mine that had to be put down, as it happened. But then again I've done the same for people. I seem to have a delayed reaction where at the time it's tragic but dreamlike and the reality sinks in over days/weeks/months.

Huggs

Huggs

Everybody absorbs it differently.

There are also many factors that determine how our minds and bodies respond to it. Whether the person or pet had lived a full life or was young, how they died, where they died, etc.

When my grandfather died of Alzheimer's, the family was somewhat at peace because he was no longer suffering and we had been given years to mentally prepare ourselves. Very few of us cried. We were proud of him and the life he lived and were glad he was finally at peace. When my 16 year old dachshund died of kidney failure I cried like a baby for the whole evening but moved on the very next morning. A few months later, a relative died unexpectedly and in my arms at 2 o'clock in the morning. I didn't sleep for 40 hours, forgot entire days, and over the next two weeks I woke up covered in sweat and screaming into my own hands.

It's part of life, and it's one of those things that can easily get either worse or more tolerable as you encounter it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed