What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,777 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 21, 2018, 02:06:16 AM
I watched The Predator.

Do . . . Do you need a hug?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 21, 2018, 02:13:37 AM
I watched The Predator.

Therapy would suffice.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 21, 2018, 02:19:30 AM
I watched The Predator.

Therapy would suffice.

Therapy = Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 21, 2018, 02:39:44 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 21, 2018, 02:19:30 AM
I watched The Predator.

Therapy would suffice.

Therapy = Godzilla: King of the Monsters

That would be good thera...uh-oh.

Guys! It's here! It's trying to put The Predator in the Bluray Player!

Huggs

Huggs

I still haven't been able to get in a Christmas mood. It doesn't make me unhappy, per se, but it does kind of bum me out alittle. I guess everybody is just so busy with work that we don't get to focus on it very much anymore. Dang, I've got to work tomorrow, so I'll only have a few hours to give it one last shot.

I'll have to launch a Blitzenkrieg tomorrow evening and try to get psyched up for the holiday.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 02:34:32 AM
I still haven't been able to get in a Christmas mood. It doesn't make me unhappy, per se, but it does kind of bum me out alittle. I guess everybody is just so busy with work that we don't get to focus on it very much anymore. Dang, I've got to work tomorrow, so I'll only have a few hours to give it one last shot.

I'll have to launch a Blitzenkrieg tomorrow evening and try to get psyched up for the holiday.

I'm curious as to what a Blitzenkrieg is.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 24, 2018, 02:45:05 AM

blitz·krieg.

[blitsˌkrēɡ] NOUN

"An intense military campaign intended to bring about a swift victory".

Hence the word "Blitz". Basically a massive and coordinated attack intended to overwhelm suddenly.

Couple this with Blitzen (the reindeer) = a Christmas blitz. I'm going to have to try very hard to get the Christmas Spirit in a short amount of time. I'll need lots of holiday stimuli.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 02:58:25 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 24, 2018, 02:45:05 AM

blitz·krieg.

[blitsˌkrēɡ] NOUN

Hence the word "Blitz". Basically a massive and coordinated attack intended to overwhelm suddenly.

Couple this with Blitzen (the reindeer) = a Christmas blitz. I'm going to have to try very hard to get the Christmas Spirit in a short amount of time. I'll need lots of holiday stimuli.

I'm thinking hard as to what to do.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Work can really suck out some of the joy around this time of year. Pop in some quality Christmas flicks (i.e. Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, and Die Hard) and spend some quality time with the family/friends!

Baron Von Marlon

[blitsˌkrēɡ] NOUN

I suggest listening and dancing to Christmas songs non-stop, naked, while wearing a Christmas hat and consuming a decent amount of South American snow.

Oops! Wrong thread.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 24, 2018, 04:10:32 AM

[blitsˌkrēɡ] NOUN

I suggest listening and dancing to Christmas songs non-stop, naked, while wearing a Christmas hat and consuming a decent amount of South American snow.

Oops! Wrong thread.

I'm taking that advice anyway. Yahoo!

Oh..hello officer.

TheSailingRabbit

I know that if I was eight, I'd be really excited and bouncing off the walls right now. It's Christmas Eve, and yet I've been in a low mood the whole day. I feel like I'm still too young to start seeing this time of year as a little depressing, but that's probably because being observant can be a curse sometimes. I like the days and weeks leading up to Christmas. The lights and decorations and general whimsy is something I've been infatuated with for years. It's almost like I got really excited for the season, and proceeded to burn myself out.

Frankly, as much as I hope I'm finally living on my own by this time next year, I'm not looking forward to being completely alone.

Huggs

Huggs

Came home to a disheartening story today. I don't mean to bring anybody down on Christmas Eve, but there's a lesson involved, and I'm a firm believer in spreading lessons quickly so they don't have to be learned again.

Basically, a dear friend of the family went to visit his parents today. His parents have a small dog and were letting it play in the fenced-in yard while they were out getting some last minute groceries. My friend saw that they were gone, and left to go do something else and come back later. When doing so, he inadvertently failed to shut the gate properly, and a pitbull down the road was able to gain entry and maul the poor thing to death. The police had to get involved and it's turned into a big mess.

My friend is absolutely beside himself with grief, as he loved the little dog like a sibling, and his parents thought of it as a child. It doesn't help that all of this is taking place on Christmas Eve.

So please, when you go to someone else's home, be responsible enough to take one freakin' moment and consider what you're doing, and the consequences of not being thorough. Yes, it might just actually save a life.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 24, 2018, 11:21:44 PM
Came home to a disheartening story today. I don't mean to bring anybody down on Christmas Eve, but there's a lesson involved, and I'm a firm believer in spreading lessons quickly so they don't have to be learned again.

Basically, a dear friend of the family went to visit his parents today. His parents have a small dog and were letting it play in the fenced-in yard while they were out getting some last minute groceries. My friend saw that they were gone, and left to go do something else and come back later. When doing so, he inadvertently failed to shut the gate properly, and a pitbull down the road was able to gain entry and maul the poor thing to death. The police had to get involved and it's turned into a big mess.

My friend is absolutely beside himself with grief, as he loved the little dog like a sibling, and his parents thought of it as a child. It doesn't help that all of this is taking place on Christmas Eve.

So please, when you go to someone else's home, be responsible enough to take one freakin' moment and consider what you're doing, and the consequences of not being thorough. Yes, it might just actually save a life.

Very sad, but it also makes me feel angry. Poor thing indeed :'( 

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 25, 2018, 04:38:39 AM
Very sad, but it also makes me feel angry. Poor thing indeed :'(

Same.
Know a guy who lived in house with an outdoor pool. Little dog somehow got in and couldn't make it out.
Some people are so careless when it comes to pets.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed