What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 606,186 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: BlazinBlue88 on Mar 15, 2019, 09:19:48 PM
Received my eBay package today. It was supposed to be Alien Anthology and Prometheus blu ray bundle.

I have to return it for refund because wrong item was sent. It was the movie Bad Teacher.

Was supposed to be a bday gift.

Always sucks. That's why on eBay I only buy items where the actual item has been photographed and not a stock photo. That and the seller rating is 100%. If it's something very special, I use amazon or go to an actual store.

TheSailingRabbit

I couldn't find The Terminator at B&N. They had Terminator: Salvation, but I don't recall anyone saying it's any good, plus there's no Michael Biehn.

I did find Tombstone, but I'm not dropping twenty dollars for it, especially not when I don't have a job. Twister was in a collection of 90s movies, and I don't feel like buying a collection for one movie.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 16, 2019, 06:09:25 PM
I couldn't find The Terminator at B&N. They had Terminator: Salvation, but I don't recall anyone saying it's any good, plus there's no Michael Biehn.

I did find Tombstone, but I'm not dropping twenty dollars for it, especially not when I don't have a job. Twister was in a collection of 90s movies, and I don't feel like buying a collection for one movie.

Why u no buy online?

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 16, 2019, 06:59:57 PM

Why u no buy online?

I like the feeling of seeking something out by physically going somewhere, and I just don't like buying online.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Seems to be working out for ya.  :P ;D

Best Buy carries it still I believe. Libraries have movies too.

You might just have to bite the bullet and order it.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 16, 2019, 07:14:14 PM
I like the feeling of seeking something out by physically going somewhere, and I just don't like buying online.

Stores always have a limited stock, selected for the average clientel, and are usually more expensive.
Sometimes you can order the item in the store but the wait can be long.

Yeah, buying online sucks.
Who the hell likes paying a small amount of money and receiving it in the mail a couple of days later?
Then you save money and are able to buy more stuff. It's so annoying.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 16, 2019, 07:55:28 PM
Yeah, buying online sucks.
Who the hell likes paying a small amount of money and receiving it in the mail a couple of days later?
Then you save money and are able to buy more stuff. It's so annoying.

:laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

I remember when you could walk into best buy or circuit city and find any movie or tv show you wanted.

That was a long time ago. Back when dvd was king. It was a good time, but it's over.

Stores just don't have the selection they used to.

As a prime member on Amazon, I get insane deals and free 2 day shipping. I've got some things the next day. 2 years ago on black Friday, I got $600 bucks worth of brand new blurays for like $80. All shipped right to the door. Online is where it's at now.

Baron Von Marlon

The online second hand sales can be sweet too.

Once bought the Bourne Trilogy on bluray, still wrapped, for 10 bucks.
Dirty Harry Collection, bluray, still wrapped, 20 bucks

And was lucky enough to find the 4 disc special edition of Prometheus in perfect condition for I think less than 10.

Huggs

Huggs

It's a delicate balancing act.

Sometimes stores have the better deal. I saw avatar on Blu-ray for $14 at Wal-Mart. That same evening, it was $26 on amazon. I also use ebay for Blu-rays and movies that have gone out of print or those that are no longer carried by stores or amazon. A few months ago, I hit a library sale and picked up like 20 movies for $1 each on bluray and DVD. All of them were in like new condition. Not a single scratch or fingerprint among em.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I've picked up some great deals the last few months at Target.

I picked up Hell or High Water, Sicario and Django Unchanged on blu for $5 each.... with digital codes!

Huggs

Huggs

All good ones. I have Sicario on DVD though. Need to upgrade that.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Sicario is gorgeous in hi-def though. Some of those aerial shots, with that music, feels like you're watching BR2049!

Waiting for the Sicario sequel to drop in price now. Haven't seen it yet though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 16, 2019, 07:14:14 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 16, 2019, 06:59:57 PM

Why u no buy online?

I would always rather go out and actually pick it up in person too. Plus, it means I'm not waiting around for it be delivered or risk missing the parcel.

Predwars24

Predwars24

I've had way too many problems with internet and buying things. I only buy when I can't get it nowhere else, or yes when it's somewhat cheaper. On amazon I'm thinking about buying the Jurassic Park 5 film collection because compared to anywhere else it's only 27.99 and everywhere else it's 49.99. So yes cheaper can be a reason I buy it from the internet but buying anything brand new I'm just going to buy it in the store.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed