What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 599,724 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Getting my tax refund and my paycheck... All on the same day.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think we may finally own a house ;D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Wow congratulations!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 24, 2021, 03:37:28 PM
I think we may finally own a house ;D

Congrats brother. Very happy for you!

I'm still trying in this horrible market.  :-\

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Congratulations!     Home Sweet Home!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Thanks everyone. Barring any unforeseen f**k-ups, we move in in

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 24, 2021, 03:49:42 PMI'm still trying in this horrible market.  :-\

I dunno about where you are, but it's absolutely a seller's market over here at the moment. When we first started looking last year houses had been sitting on the market for months, but by the time we were actually ready to buy they were selling before we could even book a viewing. The place we ended up getting had been up for sale for three days and we were the first of four viewings the day we went to look. At least two of the other viewings put offers in. We got lucky I guess. We'd already lost out on one place we really liked.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Nice one Huda

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Received a number of genuinely lovely private messages, thank you so much everyone who wrote one, you know who you all are.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 24, 2021, 07:18:59 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 24, 2021, 03:49:42 PMI'm still trying in this horrible market.  :-\

I dunno about where you are, but it's absolutely a seller's market over here at the moment. When we first started looking last year houses had been sitting on the market for months, but by the time we were actually ready to buy they were selling before we could even book a viewing. The place we ended up getting had been up for sale for three days and we were the first of four viewings the day we went to look. At least two of the other viewings put offers in. We got lucky I guess. We'd already lost out on one place we really liked.

I'm going through the same horrible thing in the US. When I started looking in February 2020, houses were on the market for weeks. I put an offer on one, between me and one other interested party, and I lost it over a few thousand that I didn't want to overpay. No biggie.

Enter Covid.

Now, the very same type of house I spoke of is selling for $50,000 more. And I've lost four different offers because other buyers are so desperate that they are paying thousands of cash out-of-pocket over its appraisal price, and waiving inspections. The house could have major structural damage, or mold, termites... and they are just rolling the dice on it to win the house.  :-\

426Buddy

426Buddy

We've been looking to sell our crappy house but we can't find one to buy, perfect time to sell but we have no where to go if we do :-\

We have the same problem here Voodoo

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ugh. Sorry brother. Feeling your pain.  :-[

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 25, 2021, 04:43:17 PM
We've been looking to sell our crappy house but we can't find one to buy, perfect time to sell but we have no where to go if we do :-\

We have the same problem here Voodoo

I know the feeling. Really don't wanna rent and put shit in storage while gambling that the market drops sooner rather than later.

SiL

SiL

... is this the happy thread or ... ?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Nah, existence is pain.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed