What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,409 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 17, 2019, 02:47:59 PM
Rolston, wrong???

Notice Hicks waited till after my birthday to say that.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 17, 2019, 02:51:09 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 17, 2019, 02:47:59 PM
Rolston, wrong???

Notice Hicks waited till after my birthday to say that.

He knew that after you stuffed yourself with Birthday cake you'd be too lazy to chase him.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

A couple days ago, Project: Acheron announced a fanfiction competition for Alien Day. I asked him over on Twitter if this was limited to Patreon members. He said no, and I submitted one of my pieces. I'm really not expecting it to win, but you never know. I'll be happy if someone reads it and gives me feedback. The judges are other members of the community, but I'm not sure who. I got a feeling I might know some of them.

Huggs

Huggs

Two things actually.

1. I found my backlog. I had completely forgotten about several things and ran across them unexpectedly while doing some cleaning.

2. Slept on a brand new fitted sheet last night. Brand new pillow and pillowcase too. Made a difference.

The Old One

The Old One

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Went paintballing with a few friends today. Opponents were mostly a bunch of cocky shits, which made it all the better when we beat them convincingly. They all ended up leaving early :laugh: As an added bonus, that meant me and my buddies got to have a bunch of chilled out do-whatever-we-like games at the end at no extra cost because we were using up the mountain of ammo they bought "to muller us with" and didn't get through themselves. Marshals were a really good bunch of lads too.

Also Line of Duty is finally up on iPlayer, which I've been dying to watch, plus I discovered Deutschland 86 is out and likewise available on All4.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2019, 09:34:20 PM
Went paintballing with a few friends today. Opponents were mostly a bunch of cocky shits, which made it all the better when we beat them convincingly. They all ended up leaving early :laugh: As an added bonus, that meant me and my buddies got to have a bunch of chilled out do-whatever-we-like games at the end at no extra cost because we were using up the mountain of ammo they bought "to muller us with" and didn't get through themselves. Marshals were a really good bunch of lads too.

You should play a real man's version of a sport where you pretend to be soldiers in some woods!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 24, 2019, 10:12:48 AMYou should play a real man's version of a sport where you pretend to be soldiers in some woods!

I thought of you actually, we had to use clear f*cking paint because one of the arenas was shared with an airsofting club and apparently they get all pissy if it's covered in paint :P

I've had an airsoft Thompson SMG from years but I've never been :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 24, 2019, 10:57:28 AM
I thought of you actually, we had to use clear f*cking paint because one of the arenas was shared with an airsofting club and apparently they get all pissy if it's covered in paint :P

... What is even the point? (but yeah, nothing worse than being covered in that shit)

QuoteI've had an airsoft Thompson SMG from years but I've never been :laugh:

Give me a shout next time you're around my area and I'll take you.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 24, 2019, 08:51:53 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 24, 2019, 10:57:28 AM

... What is even the point? (but yeah, nothing worse than being covered in that shit)

QuoteI've had an airsoft Thompson SMG from years but I've never been :laugh:

Give me a shout next time you're around my area and I'll take you.

I've got a few myself (2 big ones, 2 sidearms) but haven't been able to go in years due to a long term foot injury. :(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 24, 2019, 08:51:53 PM... What is even the point? (but yeah, nothing worse than being covered in that shit)

So far as I could tell it mostly just made it easier for the knobbers on the other team to pretend they hadn't been shot. They were doing it all day. Best bit was when one of them started screaming and swearing at me because he'd hit me and I'd kept shooting him... ignoring the fact he'd been doing the exact same thing all day and that in this particular instance I'd got him literally four times (I could clearly see it, it was point-blank range) before he'd managed to hit me :laugh:

It's ironic, because despite a good number of their team being twats we ended up having a great time. Probably because despite the fact they were constantly cheating like that, we still won more games than them, and they were getting really aggravated by it.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 24, 2019, 08:51:53 PMGive me a shout next time you're around my area and I'll take you.

I don't often get up your way but I really should. Seems daft to have the kit and never use it.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

I was going through some old boxes from my move a few years ago and found my copy of Ramsay Campbell's Incarnate.  It was given to me as a gift by my writing teacher at University.  He is a horror writer and I was his only student interested in horror, and so he gave it to me telling me that it was the book that got him into horror as a kid. It was printed in 1985, the year I was born, so it has always been a cherished item, and one of my all time favorite books.  I thought I'd lost it forever during the move, but here it is  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 25, 2019, 12:29:52 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 24, 2019, 08:51:53 PMGive me a shout next time you're around my area and I'll take you.

I don't often get up your way but I really should. Seems daft to have the kit and never use it.

Offer is always there!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 26, 2019, 09:05:10 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 25, 2019, 12:29:52 PM

Offer is always there!

Hicks invited me over but I couldn't find his flat.

Does anyone know where 123 Notachanceinhell Road is? I can't find it on the map.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed