What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,032 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Glad to hear you had a good weekend, mate. Did the snow get in the way of anything for you?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It left me stuck at my girlfriend's flat for a day longer than planned, but I'm not sure she found much to complain about in that :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2017, 11:06:07 AM
It left me stuck at my girlfriend's flat for a day longer than planned, but I'm not sure she found much to complain about in that :laugh:

Hahaha

Darkness

Darkness

I think I just got the bargain of my life. So I had my eye on these Loake leather boots all year. They retail for £250 so I was obviously reluctant to buy them. Checked my Amazon wishlist on Thursday and noticed a third party seller was selling them for £20... obviously a misprice so I bought them, thinking they would cancel the order. Just received the boots this morning.  ;D ;D ;D

I feel kinda bad now. It seems they corrected the price shortly after I ordered them but they honoured the misprice.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nice! There's nothing better than that!

When I was 21, I decided to treat myself to my first top end airsoft replica. Most retailers were selling them at around £350. I saw one listed, without any pictures or details at £150. Emailed them to ask if it was the right rifle, they confirmed it was, I bought it. A couple of days later the page was updated with pictures, details and a much higher price. I was pretty chuffed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fixed the new PC I was building. I put it all together but it wasn't turning on. Didn't get around to troubleshooting until this morning and have got it all up and running now. Time to download all my games and programs all over again!

Darkness

Darkness

What's your specs?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's got an i7-6700k, 16 gig of RAM (will probably take a couple of sticks out of my current one too, can't remember how much I've got in that one) and a GTX1080 (just the bog standard one).

Darkness

Darkness

That is a monster. I didn't realise you did all that much pc gaming.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I rarely touch my Xbox these days. I'm only playing Battlefield 1 and Battlegrounds regularly though but I also try and get some AvP 2010 each week now. I've been gaming on the PC more for the last 4 or so years.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 19, 2017, 12:43:40 PM
I rarely touch my Xbox these days.

Heh, the solution is simple. Come over to the dark side and get a PS4. I don't think I could ever go back to pc gaming for one reason only - surround sound. It completely changes the way you play games which you just can't do on a pc.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We've got a PS4 for the Mrs. I've not touched it outside setting it up. You can get surround sound headphones for the PC. I used to play with Turtle Beaches on the Xbox and loved them. I've got some gaming headphones for the PC now and they're pretty f**king good. Essentially surround sound.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 19, 2017, 12:43:40 PMI also try and get some AvP 2010 each week now.

Do Xbox and PS have cross-play on that one? I suspect not but would be neat to get into a game.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Afraid not. Can your PC run it?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I doubt it.

My laptop could, but probably doesn't have the memory lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed