What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,255 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 23, 2017, 06:30:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2017, 06:04:16 PMDon't know how you dare! You can't be that far off.  :P

;D

30 is getting perilously close, and I went on a pub crawl last Friday and spent almost all of Saturday dying as a result :laugh:

Was it like The World's End?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I don't remember any of my friends being turned into robots full of blue goo, but I'll admit there are some blank patches towards the end, so it could've happened.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 24, 2017, 07:21:08 PM
I don't remember any of my friends being turned into robots full of blue goo, but I'll admit there are some blank patches towards the end, so it could've happened.

Robot means slave, so they are not robots.  ;)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Thanks for the Birthday wishes guys.

And yes i believe i can. Its going well so far. Im just gonna act like im back at Uni lol

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The month of October begins, which means it is Octofear movie/tv month! Yay!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The lady and I have signed up for a Japanese language course. We're going to the place tonight to have a look around as they're having an open night. Then we're gonna head into the city, try some Sushi and go see a film.  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hope it goes OK, Japanese is meant to be a bastard to learn.

I love sushi. Had a giant sushi lunch just yesterday actually.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks man. It's something the lass has always wanted to do so I'm hoping we can stick it through with enthusiasm. lol It's been a long time since I tried to learn a language.

We're planning on going Yo! Sushi and I think they have other stuff there too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Also booked a few days getaway for my birthday later this month.  :) Just to Cardiff for a few days.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 02, 2017, 08:50:08 AMWe're planning on going Yo! Sushi and I think they have other stuff there too.

Yo!'s OK, I find independent places tend to be far better, but you're kind of at the mercy of whether there's one in the area.

I'm lucky because there's a really cheap independent sushi restaurant just down the road from me, staffed by actual Japanese and it's significantly cheaper than any of the chains (even after they recently put their prices up, for which they apologised to me profusely, not realising they're still about half the price of Yo! lol). It's not much to look at but the food is fantastic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I hear it doesn't really taste like fish because of the way it's "cooked". How true is that?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Most of it isn't cooked at all :P

But yeah, pretty much. I actually really dislike cooked fish, but I love sushi :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hence the quotations marks! Doesn't the acid "cook" it, so to speak?

But I'm glad to hear that. I hate fish in general but I keep hearing that it tastes different.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've no idea, I just know enough not to try it with fish from the pond at home :laugh:

Most Japanese restaurants do other stuff too, like chicken and dumplings that are all cooked, so even if you don't like the fish there's plenty to eat. And giant bowls of noodle soup called ramen. Not sure if Yo! do ramen, I've only ever picked stuff off the carousel because that's half the fun lol. But if they do I recommend it because they're really good.

You should definitely try some of the fish sushi though. I know a few people that were simply put off by the fact it's raw, but once I convinced them to try a piece they really liked it. Best to start with either salmon or tuna if you're on the fence.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Had a good night out on Saturday. Perfect way to end the Birthday week :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed