What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 599,602 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 23, 2016, 12:20:01 PM
Tagged along with my Brither to his Comic Book Club. Was alot of fun and some great people there. Of course many of the convo's went off on interesting tangents, like: "There's always a worse Nic Cage movie", "Are Wildstorm characters still part of the DCU?", "I'm sorry i keep calling Batman a Paedo, but..." and "If we were Marvel's Illuminati, who would get shot into space?"

Its a shame there arent any Comic Book Clubs near me. Well guess ill have to start one ;)
Im sure all the members will help you.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

My TMNT Heroclix team is COMPLETE!!

Now, all I gotta do is learn how to play the game and kick some Marvel and DC asses!!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Went to Portsmouth and Southsea today and walked along the pier and Gunwharf. Went into the Arcades,played a few games, watched some of the America's Cup sailing, enjoyed the sea air and did a massive Snapchat story about it as well lol.

Perfect day

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ Excellent.

Reading reviews on how Pet Shop Boys' recent concerts in London (was a 4 night event) are extremely positive! One review had it as one of the best laser shows ever at a concert... Gives me lots of hope for the November concert at Madison Square Theater in NYC! :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My copy of Famous Monsters with the new interview with Cameron is here!  ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 23, 2016, 12:20:01 PM"There's always a worse Nic Cage movie"

:laugh: Words to live by.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2016, 06:45:02 PMMy copy of Famous Monsters with the new interview with Cameron is here!  ;D

Mind sharing what AVP goodies are in it beyond the new Cameron interview?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The EW issue I picked up for The Dark Tower content also has a fun "oral history" of Big Trouble in Little China in it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2016, 06:47:07 PM

Sure. I've not read it yet but I'm planning on having a read tonight.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

A mate of mine is gonna try and get me involved in a yearly concert that goes on by me. Its called HellsFury and its made up of musicians from various bands in the area and they put on a concert every Halloween and cover loads of Rock and Metal songs.

So hopefully ill be singing in it this year

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Had no idea you were one of them musical types!

Where abouts is this festival? I went to a similar "amateur" rock festival thing on Guernsey last year and it was actually fantastic. I confess, I was convinced it was gonna be full of crappy local acts of questionable talent, but most of the bands were actually really good!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Yeah I'm a Singer/Lyricist. Used to play Bass before i suffered some Nerve damage in an accident a few years ago.

Its in Gloucester. Its more of a one-day concert, where the musicians swap around and play on a song here and there, although I've heard back from a mate of mine and it may not be happening this year as they havent been able to get any drummers to sign up this year. Which is annoying as the last few years there have been loads lol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just joined The Planetary Society.  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 27, 2016, 11:12:21 AMYeah I'm a Singer/Lyricist. Used to play Bass before i suffered some Nerve damage in an accident a few years ago.

Nice! Sorry to hear about the injury though.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 27, 2016, 04:17:29 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 27, 2016, 11:12:21 AMYeah I'm a Singer/Lyricist. Used to play Bass before i suffered some Nerve damage in an accident a few years ago.

Nice! Sorry to hear about the injury though.

Ah its okay. Got them back in mostly working order, just not enough for me to do Bass really. I can still write music a bit, but its now me mostly go "Now do this, Dum, de-dum-dum" lmao

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2016, 06:47:07 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2016, 06:45:02 PMMy copy of Famous Monsters with the new interview with Cameron is here!  ;D

Nothing AvP I'm afraid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed