What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 604,698 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Just went back from the dentist. Feels a bit like I have concrete in my mouth, but otherwise I'm really happy with solving this problem.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Glad you're doing better. I f**king hate dentists. What a weird profession.

Going to see the Martian today!!!!  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 30, 2015, 07:01:02 AM

Going to see the Martian today!!!!  ;D

So apparently the release date got moved forward without me noticing. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it's always been due out early in the UK.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The last time I remember checking, the release was in November. Now it's on the list of must see October flicks along with Crimson Peak and Bone Tomahawk. 8)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 30, 2015, 07:01:02 AM

Just a random thought: Dentistry is like surgery but you're using the mouth.  :P

The dentist was actually pretty gentle, considering it took 1 hour to get the tooth whitening job done. I always had problems with tartar as a kid. I'm happy it's been taken care of. 

Spoiler
Little did I know the dentist was actually one of my neighbours, who moved out. Small world, I tell you. xD
[close]

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ My brother's friend has been in dentistry school for 7 years now, it takes awhile! His dad is a dentist too and has his own building, I imagine he will take over once his dad retires.

Good to hear the dentist was gentle, my dentist is as well. I remember having to get a root canal and the pain was the worst I have ever felt in my life! I had severe pain even eating pudding and sipping water. He put a large amount of novacane (spelling?) in my gums and I never even felt the needle. He is good!

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 30, 2015, 07:09:25 AM
How was  the movie

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 01, 2015, 02:59:31 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 30, 2015, 07:09:25 AM
How was  the movie

Really good. So great to actually come out of a Ridley Scott film smiling. It's a fantastic adaptation of the book (it drops a lot from the book, but none of it detracts from the story on screen), the acting was just top notch. Casting Damon was just genius. It certainly looks gorgeous too - there's a lot of Prometheus-Ridley in terms of style (seems he's found a bit of a futuristic style he's quite happy to stick to) but it works really well.

This is what the man can do when he has a strong script and a suitable vision behind him and his team. Would happily go see again.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Booked the hotel for my little birthday weekend get away to Cardiff. I say my birthday weekend - it was a convention that the Mrs wanted to go to. xD

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 08, 2015, 07:35:16 AM
Booked the hotel for my little birthday weekend get away to Cardiff. I say my birthday weekend - it was a convention that the Mrs wanted to go to. xD
This saturday

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Passed my Forklift course today. So im now a certified Counterbalance Forklift driver :)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 08, 2015, 05:15:14 PM
Passed my Forklift course today. So im now a certified Counterbalance Forklift driver :)
Awesome which company will you work for

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 08, 2015, 05:17:07 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 08, 2015, 05:15:14 PM
Awesome which company will you work for

No idea yet. Im gonna put the feelers out and see who's hiring

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Gamers is back! The trailer was revealed at New York Comic Con!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed