What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 599,741 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 06, 2015, 03:58:50 AM
In the world of the world hockey junior championship Canada has earned the gold medal as they beat Russia in the final.
Nice. Canada is proving (yet again) the future of hockey resides there.

Finally, SNOW has fallen and stayed! Up to about 2 1/2 inches so far! :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not today but the other day - Many many moons ago I got a few odd Stargate comics off eBay. I'd brought 1 and 2 of a 3 part series. I'd looked every now and again for Part 3 but never found any at a reasonable price. Just before Christmas I noticed someone was selling a job-lot on ebay that included the 3 part series, a one-off and parts 1 to 3 of the 4 part Stargate adaptation. I managed to pick them up for 50p.

They finally came the other day and it turned out it all of the movie adaptation. Now I just need to hunt down the Stargate Rebellion series.  :)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

http://necaonline.com/50282/products/toys/action-figures/devil-may-cry-7-action-figure-ultimate-dante/

Holy shiiiit.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeetttttt

Spoiler
Shoulda been DMC4 Dante. best dante mang. but this is cool too
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Away for 2 days on a short WordPress course to end the week.  :)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'VE DONE IT!

First Blood

First Blood

I recommened The Guest to a friend and he picked it up. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 08, 2015, 11:10:23 PM
I'VE DONE IT!

That took you, what? 2 days? Nice.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 09, 2015, 09:22:00 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 08, 2015, 11:10:23 PM
I'VE DONE IT!

That took you, what? 2 days? Nice.

3 if you include my failed attempt, and I took a day off from the game after the failed attempt.

Despite being on novice my heart was actually racing more and I was more nervous than on normal or hard because when I wasn't going for the achievement I had the luxury of being able to just respawn at a save point and try again from there. Going for the achievement you basically only have 1 life, like in real life, and if you get killed (especially by the alien who can ruin your day instantly as well as unpredictably) it's over and you have to start allover again on that generally 14 hour long game. The game was particularly tense in the last half of the game and I think getting through was only possible through being very careful and memorizing things from my normal and hard playthroughs. When I got through the very heart pounding end I took so many deep breaths and sighs of relief and was glad that I survived all those many close calls with the alien.

I love this game so much.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

New Chappie trailer. ;D

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Had fun with Vakarian on Destiny, he joined in when I was attempting the level 30 weekly heroic solo, and honestly I really appreciated the help. I and I assume Vakarian got 9 strange coins  each out of it. We then screwed around at the Tower and played some strikes.

Then to my shock he got us into the weekly nightfall strike and I was saying "Vakarian pls". We actually got half way through the boss fight but died, then  we went in again with a 3rd random guy but it ended the same way. On my part, it's always those purple shielded assholes that get me, and my sniper rifle and Gjallarhorn need to be upgraded more I think, sniper more so.

Fun times.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Go Seahawks! The 12 got your back!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 09, 2015, 05:32:31 PM
New Chappie trailer. ;D

How good is the new trailer?! Nice to see more of the story elements.

I went to another Star Trek Attack Wing tournament on Saturday. I've cut down how much I play and only play at 2 venues currently. This was the 2nd event of a 3 event campaign. I'd won the first even at this particular venue the month before. I'd had a chance to play this scenario at the other venue first and placed 3rd (I think). I modified one of my builds (it was an alternating fleet event) and had a textbook day.

I was 8 points off the perfect day. I lost a single ship the entire day. Everything went according to my strategies and I was winning by about the halfway point every time. I think I've pretty much nailed the over-all win for the grand prize.  :)

First Blood

First Blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxbLh1VQzfU

Amazing speech. Honest. Humble. Kind.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 12, 2015, 03:05:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxbLh1VQzfU

Amazing speech. Honest. Humble. Kind.

Aye, I believe a Birdman can fly.

Now get ready for the deluge of hipster crap like " Hurr award shows mean nothing durr."

MudButt

MudButt

I was actually pretty happy with the winners this year, I wanted Mark Ruffalo to win so bad, but JK Simmons was so good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed