What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,419 times)

SM

SM

That was more than enough.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I like Generations too. I found it to be quite an emotionally charged film for Picard. And I liked Malcolm McDowell as the bad guy. Loved his little speech about time. #

And as much as I wrag on STID (I f**king hate that title) - the Khan bit...whilst predictable...I didn't mind too much, in the grand scheme of things. It's still a stupid movie.

SM

SM

It lost it for me when the ship was out near the moon - then was out of control and falling back to Earth...?

Spoiler

Then they gave Spocks death to Kirk, which was like art imitating life  - "I see you've managed to get your shirt off", then bringing him back after the most hamfisted and obvious setup in the history of cinema, earlier on.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Gravity. Power-ful mofo...

God, it's making me angry thinking about it. But it will always be the opening that pisses me off most. It's a spaceship...you want to hide it...leave it in space.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 10, 2014, 08:37:22 AM
I like Generations too. I found it to be quite an emotionally charged film for Picard. And I liked Malcolm McDowell as the bad guy. Loved his little speech about time. #

And as much as I wrag on STID (I f**king hate that title) - the Khan bit...whilst predictable...I didn't mind too much, in the grand scheme of things. It's still a stupid movie.

Generations is a horrible film, not just as a Star Trek film, but as a film overall. The whole thing made me facepalm, and not just because Kirk died. That battle with the BoP was a joke.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They should have changed the shield frequency right away but it's not a joke. Not by a long stretch.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes it is. The Enterprise managed to go toe-to-toe with a freaking Borg Cube in the two-part episode The Best of Both Worlds and managed to survive, yet a Bird of Prey obliterates them?

Please. Change the shield frequency, blast them with multiple phasers and torpedoes...no, much easier to fire one phaser blast and run away.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The whole point was that they had the shield frequency so the BoP would do actual damage. Granted, the E-D did only return fire one, TPTB should have said something about the BoP knocking out weapons or blah blah.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It completely contradicts the series' own logic that had already been established and turned a battlecruiser into a bitch.

Sorry, no good.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not really. They established as far back as Khan that if the other guy has your code you're f**ked. Granted, Khan wasn't frequency and shut the shields down completely. But Nxt Gen established that the shields have a frequency that if you match weapons too they'll pass through the shields as if you had none. Thats why it got beasted. It's spelt out pretty clearly in the film.

Besides it wasn't a battle cruiser. Starfleet never really had until after Next Gen.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yet, like we've already mentioned, said frequency could be rotated. I'm using the term battle cruiser loosely. My point is that a Galaxy-class vessel, officially I think, is considered a Dreadnought so seeing it fall so easily to what amounts to a fighter jet was rather sad.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You can have the frequency thing but nothing else. I'll Star Trek your ass when I get home.

SM

SM

Doesn't matter what ship vs what ship - if you hit it in the right spot, it's going to do a lot of damage (a torpedo from a much smaller submarine could sink a large battleship if you detonate it right under the keel).  Didn't they hit the warp core in Generations?

First Blood

First Blood

Evil Dead

The Series

On Starz

With Bruce Campbell

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

GROOVY!

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!

etc.

I cannot wait! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed