What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 604,589 times)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Good luck!!!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's the small things. Went into work a little later so I had time to go for a haircut. Had a shave before hand too - I'd been saving it up for a close shave but I can't fit it into my schedule any time soon - so I feel human again!

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Just got a call back from a security company for an interview, hoping to get a posting at the US embassy. Bye bye retail.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Good luck mate!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Good luck to you!

Randomizer

Randomizer

On Saturday night (9th of April) I went to the hospital showing symptoms of abdominal cramps plus vomiting and was diagnosed with gastroenteritis. I remained that night at the hospital but was ultimately allowed to stay home assured that I took my medication. Blood and stool samples came up with nothing but an inflammed gallbladder, resulting in me getting getting a strict diet to follow for the following 3-6 months.

Now it has been a week since the worst pains I've ever had in my life have passed but everything is doing fine.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Got myself the last copy of Iron Maiden's - Empire of the Clouds, Record Store Day only release from my local Record shop today. The shop had only been open an hour lol

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

@Randomizer:
Good luck, I wish you the best!

I just sent a message through facebook to a guy hiring for a job (a friend gave me the contact).
I didn't expect anything but...

Got a call today.
I'm gonna be a colorist for the second time on a feature film.
Little call, very brief, but I'm f******* happy!

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Apr 14, 2016, 10:28:16 PM
Just got a call back from a security company for an interview, hoping to get a posting at the US embassy. Bye bye retail.
So your still part of the army right or have you joined a private company.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

My ALIEN Anthology base set came today  ;D

Now to get sleeves & a binder for them...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Apr 16, 2016, 08:10:27 AM
On Saturday night (9th of April) I went to the hospital showing symptoms of abdominal cramps plus vomiting and was diagnosed with gastroenteritis. I remained that night at the hospital but was ultimately allowed to stay home assured that I took my medication. Blood and stool samples came up with nothing but an inflammed gallbladder, resulting in me getting getting a strict diet to follow for the following 3-6 months.

Now it has been a week since the worst pains I've ever had in my life have passed but everything is doing fine.

Glad to hear it wasn't anything too serious. I hope the diet doesn't cause you any issues.

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 16, 2016, 04:57:42 PM
Got a call today.

Congratulation! That's great news.

After the car issues over the weekend, I jump started her and took her to Halfords and got a new battery fitted. All is well now.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 16, 2016, 04:57:42 PM
@Randomizer:
Good luck, I wish you the best!

I just sent a message through facebook to a guy hiring for a job (a friend gave me the contact).
I didn't expect anything but...

Got a call today.
Cool what film is it and how did  you get into it?

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2016, 07:31:11 AM
Quote from: Randomizer on Apr 16, 2016, 08:10:27 AM

Glad to hear it wasn't anything too serious. I hope the diet doesn't cause you any issues.

More like annoying, I would say.

To be honest it wasn't that strict either. Seems like my possibilities have slightly increased after a week. Now it all comes down to keeping a healthy and varied diet.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Just had my interview, went very well, said I should get a call any day now  ;D

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

@Corporal Hicks:
Thank you! Glad your 4 wheels' engine is getting well ;)

@THE CITY HUNTER:
I've been an editor and Colorist for a feature film called "Chamade" this year. A contact from this production re-directed me to another contact saying they needed a colorist. I don't know all the details yet (and frankly I won't be able to talk about it even if I knew  ;) )
Schedule is getting tight, I have to meet the director next week.

Who knows? Maybe I'll be a colorist on Alien Covenant's sequel lol!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed