Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 860,391 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Like Bishop placing an egg?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2024, 12:39:28 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 13, 2024, 11:43:36 AMWhatever then, it is not my job to inform you.
You made a claim, it's totally your job to actually support it.

Glancing through the page there's no source, just a user on a forum making a claim.
Since I've read through the majority of the thread on Blu-ray.com, the prevailing theory is that it is an AI upscaled release. Evidence includes: framing of the transfer being exactly the same as the Blu-ray, with no slight variation that you'd expect from a new transfer; AI artefacts and glitches; the fact(?) that digital modification was done to the 1080p transfer for the Blu-ray to make it Cameron's 'final' version and it would cost more to redo the digital work; and more than is worth getting into here.

There's no smoke without fire, as they say, and there seems to be enough smoke that it's plausible.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 14, 2024, 12:52:20 AMSo AI is inserting new shit like George Lucas did for the Star Wars special editions?  Is that the claim being made?

Yeah, I was going to say I thought that sort of shit was reserved for SW

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Son of Dracula

Chaney is badly miscast, but the movie as a whole is okay.

House of Dracula

yawn

Revenge of the Creature

Clint Eastwood's first movie. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Started watching Godzilla x Kong but got pulled away with other commitments.

The tone in those first 5 minutes though - oh boy - they've really gone full circle crazy and so far removed from the serious tone of 2014 Godzilla.

Spoiler
Kong having a shower???
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Am I sensing potential for dislike?

Neila

Neila

Quote from: Prez on May 15, 2024, 04:55:26 AMStarted watching Godzilla x Kong but got pulled away with other commitments.

The tone in those first 5 minutes though - oh boy - they've really gone full circle crazy and so far removed from the serious tone of 2014 Godzilla.

Spoiler
Kong having a shower???
[close]
I liked Godzilla (2014) and King of Monsters.
Godzilla vs. Kong was a bit too Marvel-like for me.
When I saw the trailer for Godzilla X Kong I knew it wasn't my movie.
This is like a badass rock and roll band
becomes more commercial and ends up as children's entertainment.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Tokyo Godfathers

AlienatedPredator

AlienatedPredator

Quote from: Neila on May 15, 2024, 06:41:39 AM
Quote from: Prez on May 15, 2024, 04:55:26 AMStarted watching Godzilla x Kong but got pulled away with other commitments.

Spoiler
Kong having a shower???
[close]
I liked Godzilla (2014) and King of Monsters.
Godzilla vs. Kong was a bit too Marvel-like for me.
When I saw the trailer for Godzilla X Kong I knew it wasn't my movie.
This is like a badass rock and roll band
becomes more commercial and ends up as children's entertainment.

Yes. I cringed hard when I saw the trailer for Godzilla X Kong but watched it anyway because I love Godzilla. I guess it was inevitable it would become watered down.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So much of Godzilla's history is silly, though. GxK is just par for the course.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 15, 2024, 05:01:12 AMAm I sensing potential for dislike?

I've got an image of you as Palpatine in ROTJ standing over Luke saying `Gooood. I can feel your hatred.'

Neila

Neila

Beast with Idris Elba.

It was almost only rated poorly but I had fun with it.
Of course you have to ignore the logic holes and some dialogues otherwise you can switch off again straight away.

With headphones there were actually one or two strong scares.

great landscape shots and
The lions are well animated, although you can obviously see that they are animated.
Still not as bad as everyone says.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just watched Thelma and Louise.

Criterion Collection, first viewing, probably the last essential thing by Ridley Scott I never caught until just now.

Brilliant stuff, what's there to say, I love Thelma's sense of fashion!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have never seen Thelma and Louise.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Sting

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed