Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 856,682 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Avengers: Endgame (2.5/5)

Some emotional moments, but it didn't feel near as entertaining as I.W.

Godzilla: KOTM (1.5/5)

Enormous letdown. No buildup, no dread, nowhere near as serious as the last one. It felt goofy, bloated, and sarcastic.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)
Not as bad as I expected but certainly the weakest of this series.
The dialogue was a bit weak and predictable at times, the running time too long and the bad guys were lame.
Spoiler
Aliens able to look like humans with superstrength.
[close]
Don't know if it's the same in the comics but it was weak.
Also doesn't help you kinda knows how it ends because of The Last Stand.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019)
Really enjoyed this. A Great Horror film, although on a few occasions it relied on jump scares when it didnt need to. But otherwise it was really good

Only the Strong (1993)
An okay drama starring Mark Dacascos, nice use of Capoeria

The Peacekeeper (1997)
I cant help but laugh that it was Dolph Lundgren and Montel Williams who saved America lol

P-Rock

P-Rock

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - Chapter 1 (2017)
Entertaining action fantasy from Takashi Miike. The second half does drag a bit and the story is quite hard to follow if you are unfamiliar with the manga and/or anime. 7/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Dark Crystal

In a lot of ways, it's really that ending that makes the movie. Still a cool enough journey along the way, though.

The Old One

The Old One

The Fifth Element.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Street Knight (1993)
Another fun Jeff Speakman actioner. Intriguing story

Buried Alive (1990)
Remember watching this when i was younger. Its alot more tame than i remember, but Robert Vaughn and Donald Pleasance are a treat
Its also the last film role John Carradine had before he died

Without Warning (1994)
I love these Special Bulletin type films. Sad that in todays TV/Internet world it couldnt be done properly now

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

I thought this was really, really well done. I could have done without the sequel hook, but this was otherwise a great watch.

Huggs

Huggs

Godzilla: KOTM (3/5)

Tried a second time. It was more bearable now that I've made my peace with it.

The Old One

The Old One

Pirates of the Carribbean:
Curse of the Black Pearl

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 31, 2019, 09:58:30 PM
Pirates of the Carribbean:
Curse of the Black Pearl

'But you have heard of me.'

The Old One

The Old One

"You best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner, you're in one!"

P-Rock

P-Rock

Over Your Dead Body (2014)
The line between fantasy and reality begins to blur when actors perform in a play based on a famous Japanese ghost story Yotsuya Kaidan. Well shot and acted, but the movie makes more sense when you are familiar with the ghost story they are performing. 7/10

Yakuza Apocalypse (2015)
A yakuza drone inherits the powers of his boss, who's secretly a blood sucking vampire. Chaos ensues when several hitmen come looking for him, including a giant frog and a martial arts expert disguised as a lost tourist. There are some hilariously demented scenes in this movie which are classic Miike, but the pacing is all over the place and the movie would've benefited from tighter editing. 6.5/10

John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum (2019)
This sequel suffers from the same problem(s) as The Matrix: Reloaded and Mad Max: Fury Road. The fights are well choreographed, but when you show too many of them it gets tedious. I hate what they did to John Wick in the sequels. They've turned him from a man bent on revenge into an unstoppable, invincible killing machine. Wick gets beaten the shit out of him, run over by multiple cars, shot, stabbed, thrown from a thirty-storey building and yet he walks away with so much but a scratch. Maybe they should call the next one 'Endgame'. The movie looks great, most of the acting is good (Mark Dacascos steals the show), but the twist is stupid. Also, whenever I see Halle Berry act I can't stop wondering how in the world she won an Oscar. She really is a terrible actress. 6/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Aquaman
Still a fun film. Great stuff

What Waits Below (1984)
Saw this film when i was a kid and had been looking for it for years. My memory of some scenes is completely different to what actually happens

Dirty Deeds (2005)
A fun Teen Comedy. Surprising cast as well

The Curse (1987)
Strange film and the final 20 minutes does spoil the build. Didnt realise it was an adapt of Lovecraft's The Colour out of Space till afterwards

The Curse II: The Bite (1989)
Sequel in name only. Random as hell and the ending is so rushed

The Curse III: Blood Sacrifice (aka Panga) (1991)
Again in name only. The pace is all off, but its got Christopher Lee in it so thats a huge plus

Huggs

Huggs

War of the worlds (2/5)

The Frighteners (3/5)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed