Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 855,086 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 08, 2019, 03:37:07 AM"C'mon Leroy, sling that paint boy!"

:laugh: I'm glad someone else (seemingly) finds that line as inexplicably funny as I do.

Rogue One

I remembered loving this in the cinema, but I didn't seem to enjoy it as much this time around. It's still easily the best Star Wars film since Jedi, but the really lazy new designs seriously bugged me. Say what you will about the prequels, Lucas had a fantastic eye for production design.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 08, 2019, 03:37:07 AM
First Blood - Bluray

"C'mon Leroy, sling that paint boy!"

Why the hell don't you paint it your damned self...

Huggs

Huggs

Rambo: First Blood 2&3 - Bluray

First time seeing either film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 08, 2019, 05:30:50 PM

Rambo 3 has one of the best Stallone lines ever. "f**k 'em!"

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 08, 2019, 08:18:29 PM

Rambo 3 has one of the best Stallone lines ever. "f**k 'em!"

And one of the cheesiest dramatic reveals ever. That turn towards the camera after tightening the bandana almost had me rolling in the floor.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ah, forget Rambo and give me some John Matrix please!

Huggs

Huggs

I'm working my way through the franchise on Bluray.

It's a long road.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

You'll see "Rambo" 4 takes quite a realistic shift. The graphic violence is immense.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rambo 4 is pretty badass.

Huggs

Huggs

I've always liked Rambo 4. Until last night, First Blood and Rambo were the only two I'd seen and owned.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Now watch Hot Shots 2 again.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 08, 2019, 08:48:09 PM
You'll see "Rambo" 4 takes quite a realistic shift. The graphic violence is immense.

Some say it's over the top. I'd say it's what happens a human body gets hit with a large amount of heavy caliber bullets.
I wish more movies displayed it like that.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

For anyone not knowing what we're talking about, the first 40 seconds of this clip says it all.

Viewer discretion required:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 08, 2019, 09:19:52 PM

Now watch Hot Shots 2 again.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 08, 2019, 08:48:09 PM

Some say it's over the top. I'd say it's what happens a human body gets hit with a large amount of heavy caliber bullets.
I wish more movies displayed it like that.

I remember Hot Shots 2. Watched it a couple of times as a teenager.

The only thing that worries me about Rambo 4 is that if the disc is the extended cut then there was some slight footage and gore removal from what I've heard. Hopefully that's not the case, because I love Rambo 4 and I'm really looking forward to finally seeing it in high-def, without any kind of censorship.

But yeah, I agree that damage should stay realistic. I believe on the BTS features for SHOOTER that someone mentioned they couldn't accurately recreate the bullet impact for the assassination scene because even from that distance, the bullet drop would cause it to land on top of his head and the sheer force of the impact would still be immense enough to basically obliterate the guy down to his feet. So they just put in a standard headshot to avoid being overly gruesome.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I watched Overlord last night. Enjoyable flick.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 08, 2019, 09:34:31 PM
I remember Hot Shots 2. Watched it a couple of times as a teenager.

The only thing that worries me about Rambo 4 is that if the disc is the extended cut then there was some slight footage and gore removal from what I've heard. Hopefully that's not the case, because I love Rambo 4 and I'm really looking forward to finally seeing it in high-def, without any kind of censorship.

This might help https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=624222

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed