Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 856,622 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm not generally a big fan of Westerns, but I love that one.

Probably the closest Clint has ever come to playing a villain, too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I used to hate westerns (mainly due to AMC pre-empting Three Stooges reruns to show random westerns because I'm petty like that :laugh:),  but Clint's stuff and some other films are what turned me on to them.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I could count the westerns I actually like on one hand - Unforgiven (western or no, this is simply one of the best films I've ever seen), Tombstone (because dat cast), High Plains Drifter and The Quick and the Dead (because it's mad and awesome).

Oh yeah, and Back to the Future Part III :P

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

What about Blazing Saddles and Bone Tomahawk?

Also western but not in movie format, feckin' Deadwood.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Bone Tomahawk was decent (and horrific), but I didn't especially love it.

A mate of mine's been raving about Deadwood for years. It's on my hard drive, I've just not got around to starting it yet lol.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Judge Dredd (1995)
Sure its not the greatest film, but its fun, Assante just chews that screen and that score gets the blood pumping

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I won't try and defend that film as an adaptation of the source material, but I will forever defend it as simply a really entertaining piece of cinema.

MudButt

MudButt

Hostiles is a great western that released last year. Fantastic movie that got no awards love even though it deserved it. Christian Bale is fantastic in that movie. Brutal look at that time.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'll recommend The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. Sure, John Wayne is in it, but he's more of a supporting role and it's a very atypical film for him.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

And how about these?

PredBabe

PredBabe

Watched True Lies for the first time the other night and loved every second of it. It's gotta be my third favorite Arnie flick. James Cameron also knows how I like my romance.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've always thought that's easily the most underrated Cameron movie.

The final twenty-or-so minutes are just insane. And Art Malik's death is almost certainly my favourite ever put to celluloid.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 21, 2018, 01:18:24 PM
I won't try and defend that film as an adaptation of the source material, but I will forever defend it as simply a really entertaining piece of cinema.

Definitely as its own thing its a lot of fun

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 22, 2018, 03:42:43 AM
Watched True Lies for the first time the other night and loved every second of it. It's gotta be my third favorite Arnie flick. James Cameron also knows how I like my romance.

Bill Paxton in this is a blast

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 21, 2018, 07:44:26 PM
I'll recommend The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. Sure, John Wayne is in it, but he's more of a supporting role and it's a very atypical film for him.

Another Classic

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I enjoy True Lies, but that's the first truly overlong Cameron film for me.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 21, 2018, 01:18:24 PM

^ This.

Sure Alex Garland's Dredd was superior (and respectful to canon) in every way but dammit Sly's film was great fun and Mega City One, The ABC Warrior and the Cursed Earth's Angel Gang was beautifully realised.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed