Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 855,361 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 18, 2018, 01:05:10 PMBig trouble in little china. One of my favorites and it sometimes reminds me of Mortal Kombat, as one of the storms has lightning powers and wears a straw hat.

Hail John Carpenter. Hail The Master.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Robocop 2 - great sequel to a classic movie

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Habit (2017)
Tad average UK indie horror flick. Had potential and overal well made but there was more to it.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: PredBabe on May 13, 2018, 07:01:24 PM
Quote from: D88M on May 12, 2018, 02:18:34 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on May 09, 2018, 01:57:13 AM
Iron Man 3- first time viewing and enjoyed it. It has some awesome action scenes and loved the humor. This has me feeling more confident in Shane and his direction with The Predator.

Funny, the opposite happenned to me (it did not help that the trailers for IM3 lied about what the movie was about and what tone it had) is a mediocre movie made by someone who obviously has not read an Iron Man comic in his life, which is the same people the mcu targets as audience.

That is funny... neither have I for that matter though. I don't think it's fair to say it's a mediocre movie but I can understand not being on board with changes made to a story that you've been a fan of since before the movies came along. At any rate I thought the action scenes were fantastic which is all I can hope for with his direction with The Predator considering the story could be a hit or miss.

As a movie, it is without quesiton entertainning and well made, a decent brainless blockbuster, as an adaptation yeah is awful, but as a movie is not great either, is to watch one time and then you forget about it. I havent watched it again since theaters (a refund would have been nice btw, since the trailers sold me a different movie that what i went to watch) but i guess the action was ok

Last movie i watched: The Wailing. Weird movie, but decent, a little too long and redundant in parts, thought.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Urban Legend: Final Cut
An okay sequel, but its funny seeing how members of the cast went on to Bigger things

Scorpio

Scorpio

I saw Iron Man 3, didn't really like it, didn't hate it though.

Ghostbusters 2 - I like this as much as the first

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Black Panther

Solid film.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Solid soundtrack as well.

SiL

SiL

Enemy At the Gate

I'm kind of glad they just didn't bother with accents. Tense film, great performances.

Fury

Films like this are why David Ayer keeps getting work.

D88M

D88M

Deadpool 2. I have a hard time figuring out if it is as bad as the first one, or even worse.

Prez

Prez

Beyond Skyline.
First half was decent enough (largely thanks to Frank Grillo who is always excellent - deserves a bigger stage - kinda reminds me of Michael Beihn but more intense). Second half was just a bit WTF as they seemed to just decide to add a few well known martial arts actors from the Raid and said yer why not!

Huggs

Huggs

Raise the Titanic - Blu-Ray

Regardless of all the flack it takes, I've got a soft spot for this old movie. Probably because I'm a Titanic freak. Great soundtrack on this one too, it really steals the show.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Mask (1985) - pretty good movie, didn't know Laura Dern is in this

Robocop 3 - again, don't get the hate.  It's still Robocop (unlike remake). 

Russ

Russ

The Guest - really enjoyed it and it kind of subverts action genre tropes... whilst still kicking huge amounts of backside.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2018, 08:50:24 AMEnemy At the Gate

I'm kind of glad they just didn't bother with accents.

Except Bob Hoskins. Dear ol' Bob. The one man least capable of pulling off a Russian accent is the only one who tries :laugh:

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2018, 08:50:24 AMFury

Films like this are why David Ayer keeps getting work.

I do really like that film, but it annoys me how the first three-quarters have such a gritty Private Ryan/Band of Brothers feel, only for it to devolve into Rambo in it's final act, with Germans blindly walking towards the immobilised tank and getting mow down by the hundred.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed