Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 856,891 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

A Quiet Place

Great little sci-fi/horror/thriller. Hats off to Big Tuna as a legit triple threat here.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Apart from some meh direction and not all of the humor landing, this was a pretty fun ride.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls.
There are some good bits in this, but they really dialled up his eccentricities, which didn't work

28 Days Later
Still fantastic after all this time. I do wonder what happened to Megan Burns

Shaun Of The Dead
Great film. perfect mix of comedy and horror

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 06, 2018, 11:04:02 AMUniversal Soldier: The Return

Is that the one with Goldberg in it?

I remember it being terrible (in a reasonably entertaining way) with the awesome line, "The only way to kill them is to blow them up... and hope the pieces don't keep fighting."

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 07, 2018, 12:01:22 PM
Well this is where it gets funny.

Yes The Return is meant to be seen as the second film, but wasn't the first attempt at a sequel. There were two or TV movies that followed on from the first film in 98. They were meant to be back door pilots.

The Return then happened, which Ignored the TV Movies but failed at the box office.

Then they did Regeneration and Day of Reckoning, which ignored The Return and The TV Movies.

So its got three different timelines lol

Well that's certainly not complicated  :D
Kinda surprised they didn't reboot/remade this by now.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 09, 2018, 12:31:52 PM
There are some good bits in this, but they really dialled up his eccentricities, which didn't work

Those eccentricities are what I and everyone I know love about that movie.
It fits the movie and the character. Like a glove...  ;D

I always hoped for a 3rd part. Maybe set in Asia or South America.
But I think I read somewhere Carrey doesn't wanna do comedy anymore.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 09, 2018, 02:03:50 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 06, 2018, 11:04:02 AMUniversal Soldier: The Return

Is that the one with Goldberg in it?

I remember it being terrible (in a reasonably entertaining way) with the awesome line, "The only way to kill them is to blow them up... and hope the pieces don't keep fighting."

It is cheesy popcorn fun. Yeah I love that line and yes it is Goldberg.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 10, 2018, 03:08:13 AM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 09, 2018, 12:31:52 PM

Those eccentricities are what I and everyone I know love about that movie.
It fits the movie and the character. Like a glove...  ;D

I always hoped for a 3rd part. Maybe set in Asia or South America.
But I think I read somewhere Carrey doesn't wanna do comedy anymore.

Yeah but its the way they were dialled up for this one.

There were plans for a third one, but because of the reaction to this one he refuses to do sequels to his films now. Its why he didn't do a second Mask film

A Quiet Place
Fantastic. Just so Tense and that "sound design" is amazing

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 07, 2018, 12:01:22 PM
So its got three different timelines lol

Not if they were all cryosleep dreams when the Uni-Sols are regenerating.  :D :D :D

I watched Lady Bloodfight with Amy Johnstone - it's by the numbers stuff, but she's really good. It reminded me of "Raze", a film I saw ages ago Zoe Bell in it. That was a f**king brutal movie. Like, with most of these female combat movies, the blood comes in the form of minor bruising or a heroic cut on the temple.

Not so with Raze - it was uncomfortable viewing. The choreography was superb of course, but watch it at your peril.

Last night I saw Jawbone - it's a dirty Film-4-esque thing about an alcoholic former ABA boxing champion. It kind of defies expectations

Spoiler
in that there's no real antagonist apart from the booze. It sets up Ian McShane as the shady but seemingly nice illegal fight promoter who you think will double cross protagonist Jimmy. But he doesn't - he just tells him that its a dangerous fight and he could get hurt, loans him some money and that's that. I kind of liked that as I kept waiting for something bad to happen, but it didn't.

So the film stayed on point in the regard that it was about a battle with booze. The boxing match might have been a physical representation of that (he gets knocked down, but he gets up again... as in the alcoholic keeps returning to the bottle), but anyway, it was a really good watch.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Transporter

So imagine season two of The Wire, only set in France and Statham kills everyone by the end. :laugh: This was fun, but damn that score/soundtrack does *not* hold up.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Love that film. Second one's even better (read: more insane). Sadly the third one was kinda crap.

Still gutted that, when they put Statham in the Fast & Furious series, it wasn't as a crossover with the Transporter films.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Besson probably would have asked for too much money if they tried. He must have been set on that reboot starring Francis. :laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

Commando (awesome), Young Guns (great) and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (underrated).

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Us And Them (2017)
English home invasion gone wrong movie.
If you like home invasion movies, you might like it. I thought it was rather shite.
Only watched it because I thought it was different type of genre.

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 13, 2018, 12:56:41 AM
Young Guns (great).

Regulators!

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 13, 2018, 12:56:41 AM
Commando (awesome), Young Guns (great) and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (underrated).

Commando could possibly be the greatest movie of all time...  ;D

Scorpio

Scorpio

I agree.  :)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

I always hoped for a spiritual sequel to Commando, in the form a Death Wish remake (or rip-off).
"An old veteran in a scummy neighborhood going on a vigilante killing spree after his daughter got raped and murdered."
Daughter played by Alyssa Milano again.

Huggs

Huggs

The Void. Not really that bad. Alittle slow and quiet, but I dug it. Some good creature work too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed