Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 867,573 times)

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 29, 2016, 07:26:40 AM
I made my way through Friday the 13th Parts 1-7 over the better part of the week. They're mostly all fun, but the seams were really showing by Part 7. The psychic shit still feels random as all hell to me.

And because I wasn't quite ready to force my way through Jason Takes Vancouver, I doubled featured the Waxwork films, with the commentaries on. Hickox and Galligan were quite fun to listen to, and they never let it lag for too long.

Ha, that's funny, I've been marathoning the same thing over the last few days & just finished Part 7 not long ago. It's been a few years since I sat down with them so it's been pretty fun to go through them again. First half of the week was all the Puppet Masters then went on to Friday the 13th series. Now for just giggles, watching Freddy vs Jason. It's awful but I'm watching for the kills.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Sin City - A Dame to Kill For
An enjoyable sequel, not as good as the first one but still fun. Hopefully we wont have to wait so long for a third one

WyrmWood - Road of the Dead
Imagine early era Peter Jackson having a fever dream where he combines Shaun of the Dead and Mad Max - Road Warrior, and you get this piece of awesomeness

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes a Boat Vancouver Manhattan

Awful movie, and boring too. This is where they really stopped giving a shit about continuity, and started acting like Jason really drowned as a kid when the earlier films said he didn't. And Jason unmasked looks like a crappy muppet. :laugh:

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday

Admttedly, this movie makes no f**king sense as part of the series, but I find it to be a decently enjoyable watch. It helps that Creighton Duke is awesome. Also, random Evil Dead references. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Alien 3 - Theatrical Cut (vhs)
I still enjoy this film, its a shame i can now properly see the cuts by the studio (bloody idiots), but its still a great watch

Haunter
A fantastic film starring Abigail Breslin and a great twist on the Haunted House films

Excision
An intriguing film with a mixed cast, but i did zone out before the end, so i may have to try again

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 30, 2016, 03:43:51 AM
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday

Admttedly, this movie makes no f**king sense as part of the series, but I find it to be a decently enjoyable watch. It helps that Creighton Duke is awesome. Also, random Evil Dead references. :laugh:
Completely agree that it is an enjoyable watch, and hilariously inappropriate blood everywhere.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Zombie (1979)

Probably my favorite zombie movie. The way it sort of bridges the gap between voodoo and Romero style is brilliant.

The Beyond

An insane masterpiece.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Mrs dragged me to Ouija last night. Wasn't terrible but wasn't blown away by it either. It was quite competent.

Russ

Russ

Hard Target.... 2. And it was f**king awesome. Adkins is really brilliant, it makes no sense to me why he isn't a mainstream star.

windebieste

windebieste

Last movie I watched..?  Hmmm... lemme see...

The other night, I saw 'Victor Frankenstein'.  It was OK.  I guess.  more or less another ho-hum entry in the never ending string of Frankenstein movies.  Pedestrian at most times but it did pick up towards the end. Mind you, it did have a stand out cast that made it worth a single watching:

Any movie that features 'Harry Potter', 'Moriarty', 'Professor X'  and 'Dr. Clemens' trying to assemble a boogieman from bits and pieces of body parts is going to be worth a peek into.   Well, there's that and the fact that Igor - you know - Frankenstein's hunchback assistant?

Spoiler
Well, Igor gets the girl in the end.  True.  I kid you not.
[close]
That makes it a worthwhile curiosity viewing in its own right.  lol

An OK movie.

-Windebieste.

skhellter

skhellter

honest question.

why are you writing your username at the end of every post?

-Skhellter.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 01, 2016, 01:08:03 AM
honest question.

-Skhellter.

Well, I've always done it; suffixed my posts with my name.  So, habit.  I guess.   We can start with that.

Secondly, when quoted, there's no mistaking who's written the post. (check the quote I've included immediately above). If you look at some of the quote chains where multiple quotes are included in the thread then it can actually be a pain in the ass to sift through it to determine which posts  are made by whom.    Often, some people remove the names from the quote bar entirely and just leave 'quote' in the chain.  That results in difficulty when it comes to identifying the original quoted author - you have to sift back through the thread to locate the original post. 

Just quote this post in a reply and it'll become immediately apparent who has said what without trying sift through the quote chain.  Try it.  You'll like it.  Compare this practice to some of the other quote chains - especially the ones that are a complete mass of confusion as to who has responded.

Third, I do occasionally write long posts.  I like to be recognised for my efforts. 

Finally, it reasserts who the Author of the post is when the reader reaches the end.

I hope that helps.

-Windebieste.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dr. Strange 1978 TV Movie

Well that was a waste of 90 minutes. Archer's mother being the villain didn't save it. Still better than the 70s Cap movie, though.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 01, 2016, 05:29:10 AM
honest question.

-Skhellter.

Well, I've always done it; suffixed my posts with my name.  So, habit.  I guess.   We can start with that.

Secondly, when quoted, there's no mistaking who's written the post. (check the quote I've included immediately above). If you look at some of the quote chains where multiple quotes are included in the thread then it can actually be a pain in the ass to sift through it to determine which posts  are made by whom.    Often, some people remove the names from the quote bar entirely and just leave 'quote' in the chain.  That results in difficulty when it comes to identifying the original quoted author - you have to sift back through the thread to locate the original post. 

Just quote this post in a reply and it'll become immediately apparent who has said what without trying sift through the quote chain.  Try it.  You'll like it.  Compare this practice to some of the other quote chains - especially the ones that are a complete mass of confusion as to who has responded.

Third, I do occasionally write long posts.  I like to be recognised for my efforts. 

Finally, it reasserts who the Author of the post is when the reader reaches the end.

I hope that helps.

-Windebieste.

So it's useless, then.

-skhellter

Scorpio

Scorpio

Resident Evil:  Apocalypse - quite like this one.
Play Misty for Me - great thriller with Clint Eastwood.
Body Melt - hilarious.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 01, 2016, 11:51:42 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Nov 01, 2016, 05:29:10 AM
honest question.

-Skhellter.

I hope that helps.

-Windebieste.

So it's useless, then.

-skhellter

The Quote system used here?  I guess you mean that.

Yeah.  It's kinda useless.  It's only adequate for 1 or 2 quotes, beyond that, it becomes a pit of confusion.  lol.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed