Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 856,693 times)

Russ

Russ

Is that the Val Kilmer one from the 90s? I saw it recently, OK, it flopped, but I quite enjoyed it

Vertigo

Vertigo

Infinity War.

Thought the last few 'solo' Marvel films have been a lot better, this one ranks more on par with the first Avengers for me. So, fine, not amazing. All seems to obey its own internal logic which only makes sense when the film needs it to. Pretty downbeat. All the characters get their chance to shine, which is becoming an increasingly difficult task with a cast this size, so that's well done.

If you're not a Marvel fan then don't believe the hype, this film definitely won't make you one. If you are, you'll be seeing it anyway. If you're on the fence like me, it's just about worth watching.

One post-credits scene, right at the *very* end.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Killing Zoe

Going off of that ending, I suppose she really was telling the truth about the orgasm. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
First viewing ever. Watched this because of the David angle.
Can't remember the last time I saw a movie this long. It took me a little while to get into it but after that I just wanted to keep watching.
It's certainly not for everyone and you have to be in the right mood and state of mind to see it. Bu it's worth it. Beautiful movie with class A acting.
I'm glad I took the time to see it.

Tomorrow: Prometheus.
Maybe with writers' commentary. But it's the first time I'd see it on blu-ray so maybe I'll go without.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Aliens Theatrical version

After watching the extended version for so long, I decided to give the original cut a ride. Still a classic, but those little tidbits and extra scenes really connect everything (they preceded or descended) much better.

All time sci-fi Classic/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ on Apr 26, 2018, 12:24:36 PM
Is that the Val Kilmer one from the 90s? I saw it recently, OK, it flopped, but I quite enjoyed it

That's the one and same

Russ

Russ

Yeah, it was good, don't know why it didn't do so well. The whole concept / resolution was pretty clever, I thought.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Yeah I thought so as well. I guess maybe Mission to Mars scared people away from Mars movies or people saw Kilmer and thought no. But I loved the soundtrack. The remix of Peter Gabriel's The Tower that Ate People is brilliant and its the version he does live now

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 26, 2018, 11:32:51 AM
Red Planet
Very underrated film, quite a diverse cast.

Filmed in my backyard ... well rather up north in the desert regions of Cooper Pedy!
Was quite a bit of hoohaa over here when this was filming.

Russ

Russ

*goes to check out soundtrack*

Yeah, Kiramid, we get TV shows all the time round here, huge trailers everywhere ... I'll admit, I'm always impressed *lol*

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

47 meters down, a decent shark film but no Jaws.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Avengers: Infinity War

Not perfect, but a great example of entertaining spectacle with one hell of a ballsy ending.

True Romance

"You're part... eggplant." :laugh:

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

Infinity War, loved it - great villain, lots of "feels" involved.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Natural Born Killers

Well, that certainly was quite the viewing experience. Are we absolutely sure Oliver Stone had kicked his drug habit by this point? :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Prometheus (2012)
First viewing on blu-ray with surround sound. Quite the difference.

The Firm (2009)
Not great but ok as far as hooligan flicks go.

The Week Of (2018)
With Adam Sandler and Chris Rock I expected it to be at least a little bit funny.
But this was so bland and boring.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 28, 2018, 11:15:28 PM
Natural Born Killers

Well, that certainly was quite the viewing experience. Are we absolutely sure Oliver Stone had kicked his drug habit by this point? :laugh:

Love Rodney Dangerfield in this one. And what seems to be a coked out Robert Downey Jr.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed