TOOL (Read 12,386 times)

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

Tool is a great band, i have 3 cds, lateralus is my favorite

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Sep 20, 2007, 12:01:52 PM
Tool is a great band, i have 3 cds, lateralus is my favorite

i have opiate, undertow, and lateralus on vinyl. but i'm not rich enough to justify spending $500 for ænima on vinyl.

arnold23

arnold23

Quote from: Darth_Spud on Sep 20, 2007, 10:54:51 AM
I do love their live shows, but I wish they would engage with their fans more. He only said a couple of things during the Cardiff show.

Yeah, he did not say much when I saw them except Thank you, you guys are great.

From Keenen, that is like you guys are the f**king shit.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: arachnophilia on Sep 20, 2007, 09:00:11 AM
seen 'em twice after lateralus, both were damned good shows. the first was with fantomas (ever seen an auditorium cleared by the openning act?) and the osseus labyrint contortionists. second was with tomohawk. was on the floor the second show -- at one point the moshpit turned turned into this groovy kind of tribal dance pit.

missed seeing 'em the last go around. :(

You do realize that both Fantomas and Tomahawk are fronted by Mike Patton...right?

Crom

Crom

You guys realize that Adam Jones (Tool's guitarist of course) not only worked on T2 but also Predator 2.  He sculpted the weird T Rex looking skull in the trophy room. 

He and Maynard were going to be in the film, it's too bad it didn't work out.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Crom on Sep 21, 2007, 06:56:13 AM
You guys realize that Adam Jones (Tool's guitarist of course) not only worked on T2 but also Predator 2.  He sculpted the weird T Rex looking skull in the trophy room. 

He and Maynard were going to be in the film, it's too bad it didn't work out.

Yeah I had read somewhere that he had worked for Stan, but it didn't have any kind of timeline as to when he worked for him...it's cool to know that he designed that particular sculpt...

I know it's all hush hush info but, can you give us a vague reason as to why their cameo didn't work out?

Crom

Crom

I think Greg and Colin already said why in their interview.  But Tool was in a middle of a tour at the time.  They played Vancouver during our preproduction and Greg and Colin went to visit them backstage and they all thought it would be cool.  But when we were shooting those scenes, they were already across North America.

Greg and Colin did all the CG stuff for the Parabola video and two APC videos so they've been friends for a while.  I've got to know Adam quite a bit and he is a great guy, down to earth and f**king smart. 

Gates

Gates

Man that blows...I wish it would've worked out...I swear I would have sh!t myself if I saw Maynard and Adam in the movie... :D

It would be my one wish to meet TOOL...lord knows I've tried...every show I've been to I've tried to sneak in backstage, but it's fu<king impossible...long ago when I was 16 I found a signed drumhead on ebay, signed by all four of them with a serial number and certificate of authenticity from some museum in LA...naturally I was pissing myself because signed merchandise from TOOL is notoriously impossible to find...then I saw the price, $500...I was crushed, I didn't have that kind of money in those days to just throw on a drumhead...but I got it anyway, borrowing money from everyone I knew...I sold many illegal 'products', finally payed everyone off, and now it's still my prized possession... ;D

Anyway...thanks for the replying and sorry for the winded story...I'm just bored as hell...

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: Gates on Sep 21, 2007, 08:00:16 AM
I sold many illegal 'products',

LOL loved that bit!

Any chance of a pic of the drumhead?  ;D

Crom

Crom

I was a huge fan way before I got to meet them so I totally know what you mean.  Loved every album but Lateralus literally blew my mind and is still my favorite album to this day.  It never gets old for me and gives me something new everytime I listen to it.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Darth_Spud on Sep 21, 2007, 08:29:10 AM
Any chance of a pic of the drumhead?  ;D

Ummm...yeah I don't see why not... ;D

Just give me a couple of days, I don't have any pictures of it on my computer, so I have to take the picture, load it up on my computer, and then make an account on photobucket...

I'm lazy but I'll get it up for you soon...

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Crom on Sep 21, 2007, 08:36:01 AM
I was a huge fan way before I got to meet them so I totally know what you mean.  Loved every album but Lateralus literally blew my mind and is still my favorite album to this day.  It never gets old for me and gives me something new everytime I listen to it.

I hear you man...only thing is I can't for the life of me decide which album I like best...it's just impossible for me to decide...

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Did anybody here about that rumour that if you play Wings For Marie and 10,000 Days at the exact same time together the 2 songs blend perfectly? I can't remember where I heard that rumour, but if that were true it would be cool.

Crom

Crom

I haven't heard that rumor but it makes sense.  It's probably more to due to use similar math and time signatures than something that was done on purpose though.  That and I bet it helps if your stoned.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Crom on Sep 21, 2007, 08:52:48 AM
That and I bet it helps if your stoned.

That, in my opinion, is the only way to truly listen to TOOL... ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed