The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Oct 02, 2014, 10:36:46 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 110,453 times)

Vrastal

Vrastal

preloaded the steam files. now its just sitting there laughing at me..

thecaffeinatedone

Laughing at me too! :c Tis an awful feeling, seeing it downloaded but not being able to do anything.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 03, 2014, 09:25:42 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Oct 03, 2014, 08:29:04 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 03, 2014, 04:34:26 PM
I don't see how you could compare ACM and A:I. They share nothing in common in therms of gameplay. They are two completely different games.

One good, one terrible.

These reviews hit the sweet spot for me. f**kin' IGN.

Exactly. You can compare any game to another based on quality.

So A:I is piece of shit compared to Mass Effect 2. Lol, what a logic you've got..

Vrastal

Vrastal

Why argue about it?

Aliens CM was awful.

A:I will probably be much more enjoyable, and an all around better alien game

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I get being disappointed and burned by ACM, but that's no reason to talk down A:I at every turn.

robbritton

robbritton

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 04, 2014, 04:37:29 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 03, 2014, 09:25:42 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Oct 03, 2014, 08:29:04 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 03, 2014, 04:34:26 PM
I don't see how you could compare ACM and A:I. They share nothing in common in therms of gameplay. They are two completely different games.

One good, one terrible.

These reviews hit the sweet spot for me. f**kin' IGN.

Exactly. You can compare any game to another based on quality.

So A:I is piece of shit compared to Mass Effect 2. Lol, what a logic you've got..

They are clearly to be compared as they share a particular subject matter. They are Aliens games and so shall be compared. And stop being so chuffed to call the game rubbish all the time - is being let down really that gratifying to you?

WinterActual

WinterActual

ACM is an Aliens game indeed. AvP 1 and AvP 2 were Aliens games as well. They followed the established "route" of Aliens (the movie) such as the guns, the xeno behavior, the tech, etc. A:I is an Alien game, that's why it can't be directly compared to ACM because it differs on conceptual level. The whole approach is different.

By the way I am not calling the game rubbish so far. But I didn't praised it either, because I haven't played it yet. I'll rather keep on eye on its bad things so I can be aware of those when I start playing (such as the AI), rather than being blinded by the (few) amazing things and when I see something bad to be disappointed greatly  ;)

robbritton

robbritton

Fair enough, fella! It most directly compares with the spectrum alien game from the early 80s, really. I'm hoping the Alien does a little skiffly dance at some point in tribute!

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: robbritton on Oct 04, 2014, 01:24:52 PMIt most directly compares with the spectrum alien game from the early 80s, really. I'm hoping the Alien does a little skiffly dance at some point in tribute!

Oh God, yes!  That would make for a fantastic easter egg.  I'm thinking of a secret room, bathed in darkness, the only light emanating from an old wood-paneled television, with a ZX Spectrum hooked up to it and that "dancing" animation playing on the television's screen.  How cool would that be?!

WinterActual

WinterActual

Like the dancing enemies in Crysis 2  :laugh:

Engineer

Engineer

Another fyi... An Easter egg was found relating to Blade Runner. Here's a link, but I haven't watched it, so be warned of possible spoilers...

http://kotaku.com/theres-a-pretty-good-blade-runner-reference-in-alien-i-1642260179

Hudson

Hudson

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/12346-Alien-Isolation-Review

"If that's the price I have to pay, that's the price I have to pay..." In response to the Alien's unfairness level and the save system's difficulty. It appears that IGN and Gamespot are the only 2 video reviews to have a negative response to this game. I haven't found another one yet.

Vrastal

Vrastal

That just seems ridiculous. Only two  seems a bit fishy

Darkness

Darkness

Well, arstechnica gave it a scathingly negative review. The guy even admits that he didn't even finish the game:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/10/alien-isolation-review-cold-harsh-and-unforgivable/

Hudson

Hudson

I was saying video reviews.

I know there was someone else who gave them a 6.5.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed