Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Sep 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2 (Read 50,107 times)

Ryan

Ryan

I believe a xenomorph cameo is owed, Why ill tell you why because prometheus was buil around the alien fans , we were the ones from the beginning attached to prometheus , not to mention that letter tha came with the alien anthology from scoot him slef explaining his filming a alien prequel and no the deacon doesn't count ,its nice but at that moment i wanted to see more and the movie ended. In short im not seeing this film in theaters because theres noxenomorph cameo and two ill read reviews before , make up my mind on weather i shoul buy the blu ray , if the film moves further from alien like explained , count me out of everything

T Dog

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 25, 2014, 06:57:46 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2014, 04:43:58 PM
Quote from: zeus on Sep 25, 2014, 09:35:45 AM
"flawed on every imaginable level" Not on every level - characterization, yes, editing, yes, but not on every level, stop spouting hyperbole. "The Room" is an example of a film that is not only flawed on every single facet of film making, but seemed to exceed its own mediocrity. After seeing that film I understood what a true mess a film can be.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it was flawed on every fundamental level.
The characters were weak, the dialogue was weak, the pacing was poor, the plotting was poor, the editing poor, the music inappropriate at times, the set/creature design work was inferior to the design work 30 years previous, the story was barely existent, over half the cast were miscast.

In my opinion the movie is a piece of shit, others may think different.

You say it's flawed on every single level and then list a lot of things that aren't regarded as fundamental.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 25, 2014, 06:20:45 PM
I'll go see the sequel when ever it comes out, but honestly I'll keep my expectations on the Iron Man 3 level.

Why? The first one already gave us the man-in-a-suit shtick.

Jango1201

As much I like Prometheus, but this new insight into the future of the series makes me think of one only possible solution.
SCRAP PROMETHEUS AND GIVE US A PREQUAL THAT MAKES SENSE TO THE ALIEN LORE!!!!!!

SM

Quote from: Ryan on Sep 25, 2014, 07:38:58 PM
I believe a xenomorph cameo is owed, Why ill tell you why because prometheus was buil around the alien fans , we were the ones from the beginning attached to prometheus , not to mention that letter tha came with the alien anthology from scoot him slef explaining his filming a alien prequel and no the deacon doesn't count ,its nice but at that moment i wanted to see more and the movie ended. In short im not seeing this film in theaters because theres noxenomorph cameo and two ill read reviews before , make up my mind on weather i shoul buy the blu ray , if the film moves further from alien like explained , count me out of everything

If you were really attached from the beginning, then you would've been well aware that there was a very deliberate move away from the Alien creature a long time before the film came out.

Ultramorph

No xenomorphs in the Prometheus sequel sounds like a win-win. Prometheus can grow and become its own thing, and Fox is free to make standalone Alien films again, should they so desire. It wouldn't surprise me if we get some kind of announcement of just such an Alien movie in the next two years or so.

acrediblesource

It's not owed to show distinctly the Alien (If you're confused, this is where the Alien films come in. Prometheus doesn't need to tread that already muddied ground). What we do deserve is a continual and gradual nod to Alien and an even more sinister look into the world of the bio mechanical gigeresque world.  It's unsaid.

SM

We don't "deserve" anything.

Riddles will make his movies and we'll dig them or we won't.

Uncanny Antman

Honestly, I wish the proto-Xeno wasn't in Prometheus either.  So having none in PROM2 is a plus for me.

Kimarhi

He implies no xenomorphs.

I'm betting the Deacon and its ilk are in there though because.....................what would be the point of introducing them in the first place if a sequel was going to ignore them?

The black "goo" was as prevalent in the first Prometheus as the engineers were.   

Eva

Quote from: Ryan on Sep 25, 2014, 07:38:58 PM

Yeah I guess we can just count you out of everything.

SM

That's right, man! Why don't you go watch the movie, man?

T Dog

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 26, 2014, 03:47:10 AM
He implies no xenomorphs.

I'm betting the Deacon and its ilk are in there though because.....................what would be the point of introducing them in the first place if a sequel was going to ignore them?

The black "goo" was as prevalent in the first Prometheus as the engineers were.

I'd love to see the adult Deacon but as for reasons why it my not be in the sequel - Ridley doesn't know his ass from his elbow anymore, it might have been in the film arbitrarily for all we know.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 26, 2014, 10:01:06 AMI'd love to see the adult Deacon but as for reasons why it my not be in the sequel - Ridley doesn't know his ass from his elbow anymore, it might have been in the film arbitrarily for all we know.

It certianly felt pretty arbitrary. They'd made it clear during development they wanted to move the film away from Alien, but then at the last minute they got cold feet about nothing bursting out of anyone, and threw a token Deacon in.

Either have the Aliens or don't, don't say you're going to remove them and then throw in a half-assed copy anyway.

whiterabbit

So the update was that the script is still in the works and it's Riddles fault Harrison ford hurt his foot... and blade runner 2 is dead.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed