AvPR
132 (16.9%)
Predators (Added 2/12/11)
20 (2.6%)
The Predator (Added 27/07/20)
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 727

Author
Favorite Predator Design (Read 167,894 times)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 10, 2011, 07:35:51 PM
Simple thing - compare the Classic Predator to Scar, or Wolf. The quality of the skin is more or less along the same lines.

No worries for that.

I donno man. Well have to agree to disagree. AvP looked foamish and Wolf looks like an action figure in all the shots. Only time he looks good and real to me is when hes checking the crashed ship.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Decided to go with Pussyface.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 10, 2011, 03:13:32 PM
Quote from: Vecrotus on Oct 09, 2011, 08:57:56 PM
The design is on the directors, but the materials that ADI used to design the Predators is on themselves. It was their choice to use foam to design the Predator which wound up looking fake-looking.
The AvP and AvPR Predators weren't any better -or worse- than the ones KNB made for Predators.
I personally don't think both were really fake looking. They just weren't as good as the Winston ones.

The ones in AvP and AVPR looked like action figures. The Berserker Predators looked action figures, especially Mr. Black but the Classic Predator was miles better than anything the AVP movies offered.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Predators Preds were far too short. Like, puny from what I remember. But at least they were slim and not fat like AvP or anorexic like Requiem.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

The guys who played the Super Predators, or Classic for that matter, weren't even 7 ft. AVP Predators just looked like they were on a serious addiction to Steroids whereas Wolf had a bit of an eating disorder.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Like I said.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

I think everyone will always find the Stan Winston design as the best, because it's literially the father of the franchise.
If you were to incorporate the Predator 2 design with the technology now available, that would also look fantastic.
Even for the "Lost" predators too!

AVP gave us the pretty nifty armor design, inwhich I'm personally inlove with when it comes to drawing.
I really did hate the bulky appearance though, Paul W. S. Anderson obviously has a testicle for a brain.

AVPR gives you an Elite predator who relies on intelligence and agility insted of your typical brute strength.
The design is something I found to be influenced by all the previous Predators in the franchise.

Predators showed that Predators can look nice without netting, infact I think that was a bonus.
They worked with more flexibility when designing them, obviously just not to differ them from the Classic.
But to show a kind of "Bare" nature. I'm personally led to believe that these are like normal Predators but are mutated by self experiment. Otherwise a whole new species would be f**king retarded. But that's off topic.

All in all, I like them all for their uniqueness. I'd love to see Predator 2 with the current technology.

r888

r888

I liked wolf design also the classic one, didn't like scar in avp

LadyZero

LadyZero

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Oct 14, 2011, 04:53:55 PM
Wolf had a bit of an eating disorder.

Makes him easier to hug for the fangirls, we can get our arms round him :3

*runs out of thread*

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Ha ha ha! As long as he doesen't squash you with his hug!

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Sabretooth on Oct 15, 2011, 12:28:36 AM

AVP gave us the pretty nifty armor design, inwhich I'm personally inlove with when it comes to drawing.
I really did hate the bulky appearance though, Paul W. S. Anderson obviously has a testicle for a brain.

In Anderson's defense, he took the design & made a film around pre-existing comics.  It's understandable how Predator fans disagree with making a comic book movie out of the franchise, just have to seperate the two somehow.  In comparison to the comics though, Anderson was right on the money with the design. 

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Maybe so, but the design dosen't seem as classic as Anytime or Pussyface, even the Lost Predators.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Oct 21, 2011, 12:19:30 PM
Maybe so, but the design dosen't seem as classic as Anytime or Pussyface, even the Lost Predators.

No, they are not.  The are "comic book" Predators.  A franchise of their own lol.

JKS1

JKS1

I really liked all of the predator designs, the Ancient predators in both Predator 2 and AVP particularly looked really cool, all of the predators that is EXCEPT Mr Black who i absolutely hated the design of. That big jawbone just looked idiotic in my opinion. I hated that design almost as much as the human/alien hybrid in Alien Resurrection.

If I had to pick a favourite it would have to be the Predator from Predator 2, with his overall look and weaponry.
However, minus the mask the 'regular' predator in 'Predators' looked superb and I think the most 'real' and 'believable' as an actual lifeform (unmasked) of them all.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Am I the only one who though Mr B's mask looked really fake?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed