AvPR
132 (16.9%)
Predators (Added 2/12/11)
20 (2.6%)
The Predator (Added 27/07/20)
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 727

Author
Favorite Predator Design (Read 168,351 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, that's fair I think.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 26, 2019, 10:10:57 AM
Voted Predator 1 coz it's literally perfect. Predator 2 design is a very close second. The rest belong in the bin.

But that right eye...

The Old One

The Old One

What's the issue about it?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I hate to tell you this because, for some, once you see something, you can't unsee it. And that happened to me during a Predator viewing one time. But alas, you're asking, so...

Proceed at your own risk.

Spoiler
If you watch the Jungle Hunter after it removes its mask, it often looks like Kevin Peter Hall's right eye is slipping under the latex and/or Kevin's contact lens shifted giving the appearance of an lazy eye, which I've found distracting. It occurs for most of the sequence.

So I prefer to run with the notion after some dangerous hunts, the Jungle Hunter was blinded in one eye.
[close]

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I noticed the eye thing years ago with Jungle Hunter and thought I was just seeing things, good to know I'm not the only one.

It's hard to pick a favorite personally cause I feel they all do at least something better than the last one. However I know it's not cinematic but the Kenner Stalker Predator (and accompanying Neca redesign) is something I really enjoy.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I honestly quite like all the Predator designs with the exception of the first AVP ones. I just hate the bulky look they went for. Scar and his chums look cumbersome and clumsy where the others have all looked sleek and dangerous.

But yeah, there's no question that the first two are the best. I like the second one more just because I think the design's a bit more interesting and obviously better executed (not being such a rush job), but both the Winston creations are head and shoulders above what's come since. There's also all those amazing Predators at the end of Predator 2. I dunno what the Winston crew had that others seemingly lack but their Predator variations all looked so perfect, whereas a lot of the ones people have come up with since look like they're trying too hard to do soemthing different.

As much as I hate Requiem, Wolf was a pretty good design and a huge improvement on the first AVP. KNB's work on the third film was decent, and I especially liked the look of Falconer. The Fugitive is almost certainly the best on-screen Predator we've had since the first two films though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 26, 2019, 03:07:43 PM
I noticed the eye thing years ago with Jungle Hunter and thought I was just seeing things, good to know I'm not the only one.

It's hard to pick a favorite personally cause I feel they all do at least something better than the last one. However I know it's not cinematic but the Kenner Stalker Predator (and accompanying Neca redesign) is something I really enjoy.

The Kenner Stalker Predator?  Interesting choice!

I'm a Lava Predator guy.   8)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 26, 2019, 03:24:43 PMThe Fugitive is almost certainly the best on-screen Predator we've had since the first two films though.

No, no, not that awful slack-jawed Crabator!  To me I think it was the best painting ADI has done, loved the non-ADI armor and helmet, but those jaws...

I'll take KNB even in this uncomplimentary lighting leaked set pic over ADI Fugitive's broken jaw mug anyday.

But I guess I have to remember "the best Predator since the first two films" is like saying "the best Terminator since the first two films". Unfortunately the competition just isn't very good.  :'(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 26, 2019, 03:57:08 PMNo, no, not that awful slack-jawed Crabator!  To me I think it was the best painting ADI has done, loved the non-ADI armor and helmet, but those jaws...

All the jaws have been shit since Winston's boys were making them tbh. The Fugitive overall is easily my favourite design since the second film.

Dare I say it, I also think he's the star of the two best scenes of Predator action we've had since 1990 - the opening few minutes of the film in Mexico and the Stargazer lab escape. For all The Predator's problems, I thought those scenes were ace, and the best we've seen of the titular character in decades.

The Old One

The Old One

And The Fugitive has his own design.
The fact the 1987 Predator is in Predators without barely a change really takes me out of the film.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 26, 2019, 06:30:50 PM
And The Fugitive has his own design.
The fact the 1987 Predator is in Predators without barely a change really takes me out of the film.

Really? Interesting.

Well I prefer even that over the Bobble-Head Fugitive!

Kradan

Kradan

That "Crabator" thing becomes really old. don't you think ? I mean, we get it - you don't like ADI Predators. Damn, even your signature screams about it. Geez ...

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 26, 2019, 02:07:02 PM
I hate to tell you this because, for some, once you see something, you can't unsee it. And that happened to me during a Predator viewing one time. But alas, you're asking, so...

Proceed at your own risk.

Spoiler
If you watch the Jungle Hunter after it removes its mask, it often looks like Kevin Peter Hall's right eye is slipping under the latex and/or Kevin's contact lens shifted giving the appearance of an lazy eye, which I've found distracting. It occurs for most of the sequence.

So I prefer to run with the notion after some dangerous hunts, the Jungle Hunter was blinded in one eye.
[close]

Yeah ! I've always found JH's face after Arnold's " You one ugly motherf**ker " looking  ... amusing for some reason. Probably they should've cut to roar immediatly

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 26, 2019, 10:46:43 PM
That "Crabator" thing becomes really old. don't you think ? I mean, we get it - you don't like ADI Predators. Damn, even your signature screams about it. Geez ...

I don't know about screams... but that's part of our charm!  Crabators, Snaliens, Egg-barfing, Release the Kraden, Pony love, Drake love, Gains, Riddles, AvPR can't see sh*t, The Predator is worse than Alien Resurrection, no Resurrection is worse, the egg, the skull, canon, franchise killers, Huggsy farts, wabbit gifs, incorrect opinions, have we reached a consensus?, who created the Alien, etc. etc.. round and round.  You just got to love us!  ;D

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 27, 2019, 12:42:24 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Nov 26, 2019, 10:46:43 PM

I don't know about screams... but that's part of our charm!  Crabators, Snaliens, Egg-barfing, Release the Kraden, Pony love, Drake love, Gains, Riddles, AvPR can't see sh*t, The Predator is worse than Alien Resurrection, no Resurrection is worse, the egg, the skull, canon, franchise killers, Huggsy farts, wabbit gifs, incorrect opinions, have we reached a consensus?, who created the Alien, etc. etc.. round and round.  You just got to love us!  ;D

You successfully described me in four words.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Gains, canon and the skull. Samhain13's holy trinity.

The Old One

The Old One

Snailiens and Crabators never get old.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed