AvPR
132 (16.9%)
Predators (Added 2/12/11)
20 (2.6%)
The Predator (Added 27/07/20)
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 727

Author
Favorite Predator Design (Read 167,350 times)

ridetofight

ridetofight

i think the picture link is broken, but are you talking about the symmetrical black coloration on his head? what leads you to believe those aren't biological? is there some source that you can cite or are people just assuming its a tattoo? i've honestly never heard of this before, and i'm a huge predator mark.

#6.0

#6.0

Quote from: ridetofight on Aug 27, 2010, 12:25:38 AM
i think the picture link is broken, but are you talking about the symmetrical black coloration on his head? what leads you to believe those aren't biological? is there some source that you can cite or are people just assuming its a tattoo? i've honestly never heard of this before, and i'm a huge predator mark.

Because it is on only one of them.

And it looks un-natural.

ridetofight

ridetofight

oh, okay, so its more of an opinion thing. that predator is the only one out of those four to use that color pallet... if it matches the symmetry of the skin pattern thats already there, it seems weird to me that it would be perceived as unnatural. the only other place it appears on his body, though, is his hands. i've just never heard any design team member or anyone affiliated with the movie say anything insinuating he had tattoos.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

That's not a tattoo. Just a different skin pattern. Like snakes - different species, different skins. It's fairly obvious Pussyface is not the same type of Predator as Anytime... I mean, look at the ridge around his head. Far more pronounced than Anytime's.

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: ridetofight on Aug 26, 2010, 10:23:00 PM
Quote from: delsaber8 on Aug 26, 2010, 08:27:43 PM
Quote from: ridetofight on Aug 26, 2010, 05:43:08 PM
Quote from: Vulcan Rotary Cannon on Jul 30, 2010, 03:35:32 AM
P1 - the best.  It was very well done, and the mandible and brow effects were done nicely.  The creature truely looks like a living being from another world.  I love all of the bone necklacess and other bits.

P2 - Main Hunter - Excellent.  A bit different head shape, but it still works.  The different coloration and tatoos make it very much it's own character.  I also love the weapons.

P2 - Elder - Quite possibly the most bad ass looking predator ever.  It had so much detail; it's tropies, beads and weapons just hinted at an amazing life it must have lived.  In many ways, it was also the most intimidating predator ever put to screen.

P2 - other preds:  They all had great little bits of character, ranging from forhead tatoos to weapons, to masks, to small details. You could tell that a lof of effort was put into them.

AVP - I liked the armor design, but it was bulky.  I also like Celtic's mask.  However, ADI did a poor job with the faces.  They looked like rubber chickens.  They also overdid the facial expressions by a mile.  The giant wristblades and synch-guns were goofy.

AVP - Elder - just as rubery as Scar.  I've sen better halloween masks.  I dig the spear though.

AVPR - I liked the mask.  The face was also poorly done.

Ps - I liked the classic pred best.  THe SP's had cool armor, and masks, but the superpred face was just crap at best.

anyone know what tattoos he's talking about??
On the city hunters head try to find a i'll pic of it or something

are you serious? there are a million pictures... there aren't any tattoos... can someone explain to me where this idea came from?
I think by tattoo he meant those red designs on the predators head.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Yeah def not tattoos. Just a skin pattern like a snake or whatever. Love the first design the best but the second is just as awesome. Harder looking.

samurai72

samurai72

My favorite is the first one.  But I also love the ridges and spikes that the 2nd one had on his face.

WolfPredator89

WolfPredator89

I love predator but i prefer pussyface over anytime..

WolfPredator10

WolfPredator10

1. Wolf [AvP-R]

2. Scar [Predator 87']

WolfPredator89

WolfPredator89

Quote from: WolfPredator10 on Sep 29, 2010, 08:13:10 AM
1. Wolf [AvP-R]

2. Scar [Predator 87']

Scar is the predator from AvP, Anytime is the one from Predator.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Pussyface, Anytime, Wolf, Mr. Black. In that order.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Anytime and Gort!!!!!

And Gort

And GORT! >:(

Ghostface

Ghostface

Damn i forgot about gort. Also a personal favourite. I like it from Predator 1 more than its predator 2 counterpart.

ridetofight

ridetofight

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Oct 01, 2010, 02:29:39 PM
Anytime and Gort!!!!!

And Gort

gort is just the city hunter without the trophies and the gort mask! c'mon! you should know that!

WolfPredator89

WolfPredator89

Quote from: ridetofight on Oct 03, 2010, 05:57:21 PM
Quote from: 08yeyinde on Oct 01, 2010, 02:29:39 PM
Anytime and Gort!!!!!

And Gort

gort is just the city hunter without the trophies and the gort mask! c'mon! you should know that!

So what?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed