Dark Horse Fire and Stone (Prometheus/Aliens/AvP/Predator/Omega): All Reviews

Started by happypred, Sep 09, 2014, 07:43:43 AM

Author
Dark Horse Fire and Stone (Prometheus/Aliens/AvP/Predator/Omega): All Reviews (Read 136,315 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 16, 2019, 03:52:34 PM
It would me amazing if they traveled in time and ended up on the Engineer homeworld just before David showed up and wiped them all out. Now that would be an ending!

I'd hate to time travel make an appearance. In my mind it opens the door for David to go back in time and crash with a Derelict full of eggs.

SM

If they ended up doing time travel in a film - it's not going to be because it was in a comic.

Corporal Hicks

I know one doesn't exactly equal the other. That's just me being silly. It just makes it feel less "out there" if it's already made an appearance in another piece of lore. Same with the empathy in Sea of Sorrows for me. It didn't feel strange to me because of the Earth War stuff.

SM

That stuff was kind of/ sort of hinted at in Resurrection.  SoS made it more blatant though.

I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would.

HuDaFuK

I didn't mind the empathy angle in Sea of Sorrows either. It was handled a lot better that I would've expected.

The only thing that bugged me about it was the fact Decker was explicitly said to be a descendant of O.G. Ripley rather than Ripley 8, when the latter would've made more sense of the whole thing.

SM

I don't see how OG Ripley doesn't makes sense.

Russ840

I think HuDa is refereeing to the empathic ability.

Being a relative of Ripley 8 would be an easy way to explain said ability.

Being a relative of OG Ripley means humans would have to evolve this ability.

SM

As far as the Alien universe is concerned, empathic ability is a thing - at least as far as that book goes.

Corporal Hicks

It would have felt less out there if he'd been related to Ripley 8. It could have been some sort of connection to the Alien that was inherited through her. But like I said above, because I was used to the idea of a connection from the old days, it wasn't too out there for me. I do agree it would have been more palatable if it was something inherited from Ripley 8.

Russ840

Is Sea Of Sorrows not the first use and reference of empathic ability is the rebooted universe ?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, it was in that rebooted EU.

Russ840

I thought so.  So having Dekker be a Decendent of Ripley 8 would be quite tidy in respect to where the empathic ability comes from. 

At the end of the day.  It matters not, either way.

Man, getting Ripley 8 pregnant sound like a risky prospect  :laugh:

SM

The empathic ability doesn't need to come from Ripley.

SiL

While that's true, it's kind of missing the point of what people are saying.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 17, 2019, 11:58:24 AM
I thought so.  So having Dekker be a Decendent of Ripley 8 would be quite tidy in respect to where the empathic ability comes from. 

The reason Decker has a link with the aliens on LV-178 is due to Ripley's actions on Out of Shadows, the aliens POV parts show they are aware of his relation to Ripley and target him for that, so that aspect couldn't be there if it was Ripley 8. But I suppose Ripley 8 could count the same as Ripley for those aliens.

Rollins seems pretty casual when she tells Decker he is a low-level empath so it doesn't seem like a big deal on that universe.

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 17, 2019, 11:58:24 AM
Man, getting Ripley 8 pregnant sound like a risky prospect  :laugh:

If the hymen was brough back intact, better not risk dealing with that blood. Johner would still go for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed