Windebieste Skirmish Pack

Started by ramas.natander, Jul 05, 2014, 11:06:41 AM

Author
Windebieste Skirmish Pack (Read 3,859 times)

ramas.natander

ramas.natander

In these days i searched this file all over the web. Filefront or gamefront download links are broken. Someone have this file, or knows a working download link? Thanks in advance.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Heck I couldn't find it...I looked at a thousand links but I only found some videos with someone playing but no download links . I would like to play Cabin Fever tough .  :-\ I'll look again,see if I find something else .

EDIT : You can send a PM to Windebieste . From what I see he is still active on the forum .  ;)

ramas.natander

ramas.natander

I've sent a PM to Windebieste. Now i'm waiting for an answer.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What's this Skirmish Pack? What was in it?

WinterActual

WinterActual

If its the same thing that I am thinking about, its a custom maps that re-assemble the Skirmish mode from AvP 1. You get attacked by AI controlled aliens as long as you can hold them off. There was one skirmish map thats set in an old abandoned marine base deep in the jungle. It was one of my fav skirmish maps. Or the one with the crashed drop ship that you have to defend.

Randomizer

Randomizer

The map contains some multiplayer maps which are remade for Skirmish mode .

Overall it contains :

A Loner's Fate
          Backstreets
           Cabin Fever
           Combat Pit
           Precipice
          Primaeval
           Ruinous
           Shafts
           Stranded Redux (  the same map from Classic 2000 but in AvP 2 ,  I suppose )
          Tar Baby
          Xenocortex ( I heard PsyKore and Windebieste worked together for this one )

I'm really curios about Combat Pit , Cabin Fever and Ruinous . These look awesome . 
            Anyway , I found some gameplay of Combat Pit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc3aCfMzwYs . There a lot more videos with gameplay from these and other maps ( including FEAR ) sure no one heard about this channel before .  :laugh:

ramas.natander

ramas.natander

No aswer for now. We have to wait.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Maybe his PM Box is full . Just saying .

x-M-x

x-M-x

Should just email him.... I've emailed him several times (he's very quick on replies...)

windebieste

windebieste

Normally yes, i do reply asap. 

I have all of my 'AvP2' files burned to multiple CD's.  So they are definitely safe and recoverable.  The discs are even labeled, I know where they are.  This includes all of my own work, some collaborative efforts between myself and others; along with more or less every map made by everyone else who sent me links to downloads, as well as content that was available on sites like AvP2 Files and File Planet. 

It's a substantial collection of maps and maybe one day I will arrange to upload the whole lot somewhere.  Someday.  Somehow.

More importantly, to assure you, they do still exist.  I just need to find a way to get them back out into the Community.

-Windebieste.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Good to hear !  :)

ramas.natander

ramas.natander

Thanks man! I'm waiting for the upload!

windebieste

windebieste

we'll see what happens. 

I certainly can't do it by myself.

-Windebieste

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 06, 2014, 02:21:01 PM
          Xenocortex ( I heard PsyKore and Windebieste worked together for this one )

Haha, I forgot about that map. I actually didn't know where I was going with it, so I sent it to Winde to do what he liked with it.

There's also another multiplayer map which I built, which funnily enough I forget the name of right now, but I also sent that one off to Winde. It was released under an alias.

We also worked together on the AvP Pyramid with a bunch of other terrific mappers. I built the sacrificial chamber.

Man, those were good times! I wished we worked together on more stuff. I always thought it would be cool if we did a full single player campaign together with each of us interchangeably making a level each. would have been fun.

Sorry to prattle on a bit here, haha. I just miss when games were fully modable like in the AvP2 days.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

God, I loved the OPP Project. I remember testing it for someone but I can't remember who it was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed