Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 196,631 times)

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: SM on Jul 01, 2014, 05:01:45 AM
QuoteI'd like to see him as a drug addict chasing the Predator.

Played by a bald Paul McGann who calls the Predator a dragon.
A British Arnie accent, we're on to something here... Well at least something better than everyones suggestion of what the next Predator movie should be like...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jul 01, 2014, 05:01:45 AMPlayed by a bald Paul McGann who calls the Predator a dragon.
That feeds on minds?

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 01, 2014, 05:45:44 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 01, 2014, 05:01:45 AM
QuoteI'd like to see him as a drug addict chasing the Predator.

Played by a bald Paul McGann who calls the Predator a dragon.
A British Arnie accent, we're on to something here... Well at least something better than everyones suggestion of what the next Predator movie should be like...

Still yet to hear a good suggestion from you yet. What do you want for the next film?

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Not to be directed by Shane Black and written by Fred Dekker...

Blades

Blades

I really don't want to see this following the main layout of the first predator movie, and Predators, it gets far too repetitious and mundane - whereby we have the macho protagonist leading a band of fighters

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Blades on Jul 01, 2014, 06:49:35 PM
I really don't want to see this following the main layout of the first predator movie, and Predators, it gets far too repetitious and mundane - whereby we have the macho protagonist leading a band of fighters
As long as the movie is not "the human and the Predator civilizations have to ally to fight a common and bigger threat" either, I agree.

Hope the movie is not "Dutch and Glover ally to command a mission to look for the Predator planet and destroy them", either.

Spooky Baz

Spooky Baz

Quote from: The Saint on Jun 29, 2014, 06:54:25 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 29, 2014, 06:48:31 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jun 29, 2014, 06:16:44 PM
Having the Predator winning this time, it will impose even more respect.

While I do like the idea of a Predator killing their prey at the end of the film, I doubt that would go over to well with audiences. Audiences want to see the human protagonist win, they want to see their guy win. It could work as an alternate ending, but as the theatrical release ending? Mmmm.. Not so sure.
Why not?..what if the humans here in this case deserve to die? (like criminals)

What you'd have there is a storyline in which the Predator kills some guys. And for the big finale, the Predator kills another guy. I'm not sure that would work very well.

Master

Master

So you want Predator to win in the end? It won`t work, the critics would destroy it.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Master on Jul 01, 2014, 08:40:27 PM
So you want Predator to win in the end? It won`t work, the critics would destroy it.
Nah, it depends on how they build that up. Blair's Witch won in the end, and critics loved that movie, for example.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 01, 2014, 09:27:54 PM
Nah, it depends on how they build that up. Blair's Witch won in the end, and critics loved that movie, for example.
MAG  AHHHHHHHHHH!
I can't take it anymore!!! That is the worst reasoning behind something that I couldn't even consider could be any worst! First of all, Predator isn't a slasher- influenced maybe- but not a slasher! Second of all where do you come off protecting the value of this hypothetical content as if it were "Moses' f**king DvD collection"?!?! Third of all quit saying "Respect Yautja" like some fraternity boys finished hazing the dorm room freshmen!

Gladiator Arena?! No!
Predator E.T?! No!
Crime fighting Predator?! NOO!

A very limited number of people can do anything with the Predator (And as matter of fact, Alien) universe!
These ideas are like tampering with a ship in a glass bottle, they require to be worked on delicately so that a mistake like Requiem doesn't happen again! I respect the fact that you like to give out your ideas but keep them in the appropriate thread!

GAH!

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 01, 2014, 09:54:39 PMFirst of all, Predator isn't a slasher- influenced maybe-
but not a slasher!
It is a slasher.

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 01, 2014, 09:54:39 PMSecond of all where do you come off protecting the value of this hypothetical content as if it were "Moses' f**king DvD collection"?!?! Third of all quit saying "Respect Yautja" like some fraternity boys finished hazing the dorm room freshmen!

Gladiator Arena?! No!
Predator E.T?! No!

A very limited number of people can do anything with the Predator (And as matter of fact, Alien) universe!
These ideas are like tampering with a ship in a glass bottle, they require to be worked on delicately so that a mistake like Requiem doesn't happen again! I respect the fact that you like to give out your ideas but keep them in the appropriate thread!

GAH!
You are wrong.

Master

Master

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 01, 2014, 09:54:39 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jul 01, 2014, 09:27:54 PM
MAG  AHHHHHHHHHH!
I can't take it anymore!!! That is the worst reasoning behind something that I couldn't even consider could be any worst! First of all, Predator isn't a slasher- influenced maybe- but not a slasher! Second of all where do you come off protecting the value of this hypothetical content as if it were "Moses' f**king DvD collection"?!?! Third of all quit saying "Respect Yautja" like some fraternity boys finished hazing the dorm room freshmen!

Gladiator Arena?! No!
Predator E.T?! No!

GAH!

This is an appropriate thread! :D Insted of complaining, tell us what`s your idea of Predator film. What would you want to see in Shane Black`s sequel? Or you`ll just keep moaning and trolling?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I honestly don't particularly care what they do with the Predator in the new film, I just want it to be filled with classic, oldschool Shane Black dialogue.

Master

Master

Last night I watched Predator and Predators back to back and I`m now more certain then ever that series must go out of the box (jungle) in this next instalment (like P2 did). Serously, no another jungle centered fable.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jul 02, 2014, 09:44:45 AM
Last night I watched Predator and Predators back to back and I`m now more certain then ever that series must go out of the box (jungle) in this next instalment (like P2 did). Serously, no another jungle centered fable.

You've mentioned going to the desert a lot, and that is an idea which I fully am onboard for. Especially if it's a desert in the middle east, considering the amount of conflicts which are going on there. And you know on especially hot days where you see ripples of heat moving through which causes distortions in the air? Try finding an invisible Predator in THAT kind of heat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed