Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 92,631 times)

SiL

Quote from: Russ on Jun 28, 2014, 10:27:02 AM
Not everyone. I thought AvP was one of the highest grossing movie in all of the franchises?
Only if you don't adjust for inflation.

Lemonade

Quote from: SiL on Jun 29, 2014, 12:13:56 AM
Not everyone. I thought AvP was one of the highest grossing movie in all of the franchises?

And even then, it's only the second. Prometheus kicked its ass to the curb by over $200 million.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 29, 2014, 12:08:06 AM
Is there actual proof of this? Like a video interview or something on commentary? I rarely listen to commentary tracks so.. if this is true, let me know!

I think Colin mentioned it here on this forum (or possibly an interview) and the hints were such that he could only have been referring to Baldwin, back then. He mentioned no names, but gave enough clues.

Highland

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 29, 2014, 02:22:03 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 29, 2014, 12:08:06 AM
Is there actual proof of this? Like a video interview or something on commentary? I rarely listen to commentary tracks so.. if this is true, let me know!

I think Colin mentioned it here on this forum (or possibly an interview) and the hints were such that he could only have been referring to Baldwin, back then. He mentioned no names, but gave enough clues.

Yeah it was definitely on this forum, I thought he did mention the name but maybe I'm wrong. You could probably look up his post history, it wouldn't have been that large. Not that it matters anyway.

Russ

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 29, 2014, 12:20:56 AM

And even then, it's only the second. Prometheus kicked its ass to the curb by over $200 million.

So $172,543,519 worldwide gross constitutes a film that "everyone" complained about? OK.

SiL

Considering it was pretty much universally panned by fans and critics alike, yeah.

HuDaFuK

Plenty of appalling films make money. Especially if they have a big name character in it, like the Alien. People will flock to it based on that alone.

Lemonade

Quote from: Russ on Jun 29, 2014, 08:07:15 AM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 29, 2014, 12:20:56 AM

So $172,543,519 worldwide gross constitutes a film that "everyone" complained about? OK.

Even though, as SiL stated, that it was universally by everyone, where did I say that anyone complained about it?

SiL

You didn't, I did.

Russ

Quote from: SiL on Jun 29, 2014, 08:59:35 AM
Considering it was pretty much universally panned by fans and critics alike, yeah.

I'm not convinced that fans and critics were the only people that went to see the movie. I'm also not convinced that "everyone" complained because of the lack of gore. I think the are members of this forum who liked the movie? So not everyone hated it and certainly not everyone hated it for the reason you postulate.

But that's probably a conversation for the AvP discussion subforum.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Jun 29, 2014, 11:53:31 AMI'm also not convinced that "everyone" complained because of the lack of gore.
I complained because it was shite.

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 29, 2014, 11:55:09 AM
Quote from: Russ on Jun 29, 2014, 11:53:31 AMI'm also not convinced that "everyone" complained because of the lack of gore.
I complained because it was shite.

And it was shite only because of the lack of gore?

HuDaFuK

That was the least of that film's problems!

Russ

;D

hahaha, well, I'm not a hater of the movie by any stretch, but I think we've established that not everyone hated it and that those did hated it for reasons other than the lack of gore.

But as I say, one for the AvP sub-forum. Unless Shane Black decides to put an Alien easter egg in the his film. Which I kind of hope he does... but I'm pretty sure he won't *lol*

SiL

Quote from: Russ on Jun 29, 2014, 11:53:31 AM
I'm not convinced that fans and critics were the only people that went to see the movie.
Casual cinemagoers vaguely aware of the series were also disappointed by the gore.

You can't argue it's a well-loved, well-received movie when it clearly wasn't and a major hangup people had was the lack of gore. There's a reason every filmmaker after made a point of saying they wouldn't be doing that -- they know they'd alienate their audience if they did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed