Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 92,623 times)

Lemonade

There are more casual moviegoers than hardcore fans. The pandering to the fans is the reason these movies don't make as much as they could. People will come for the badass action set pieces.

Remember AvPR, the fanboy pander-fest? Lolol

SiL

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 28, 2014, 07:17:11 AM
There are more casual moviegoers than hardcore fans.
Casual moviegoers don't want watered down either. Look what happened to RoboCop. Or Total Recall.

QuoteThe pandering to the fans is the reason these movies don't make as much as they could.
No, them being sub-par quality is why they don't make as much. The gore isn't an issue.

Spoonman101

SiL, we were both members of PlanetAvP when requiem was in production.. The request for gore was to much wouldn't you have agreed? I mean the movie can still maintain an R rating.. Just as long as it's limited how they present it and not too over the top.

Russ

Quote from: SiL on Jun 28, 2014, 05:50:52 AM
Because the gore in AvP was limited, and everyone complained.

Not everyone. I thought AvP was one of the highest grossing movie in all of the franchises? If so, that's way more than the "fan dollar."

walker31

AvP wasn't a bad movie, in my opinion.  I just cringe every time I watch it and Scar removes his Biomask.  The problem with AvpR is that Wolf looked amazing, but it was so dark you couldn't see anything; and the script sucked tremendously.  But that's it.

Spoonman101

The face the Predator makes when he see's the queen!

Tangakkai

Well at least AvP was a movie...

AvP:R was a school projects with college students as cast members not acting and a story arc of 0.0 %

Mike

Predators 2010 was a badass awsome film that went in the right direction after those Avp films which the 2nd was just horrible i still can't see one thing in that film on blu-ray too. But Predators is a classic film for me, i love everything about it. I find myself putting it on more than P1 and P2. I think the choice of settling it on a planet was brilliant because that was a key factor for rewatchability factor. Predators just might be the best of the trilogy so far in comparison to Aliens being the best of its series. I also love the horror aspect approach of Predators, that was very cool. Predators is a kickass film don't listen to the naysayers its awesome.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: walker31 on Jun 28, 2014, 11:53:32 AM
AvP wasn't a bad movie, in my opinion.  I just cringe every time I watch it and Scar removes his Biomask.

I agree with this although I don't think Scar's face looks that bad. If anything I chalk it up as nothing more than different faces. Why should every Predator look like Diablo or Ghost? I mean humans have different facial structures and appearances, so why can't Predators? Mind you, I do agree that the mask removal scene could've been done better.

Now the Super Predators...  THOSE.. Those just.. I really want to forget.

Mike

If you read my comment down alil you would know why they are called Super Preds but the more common name is Berserker Preds

Master

Where it was stated? Production crew called them Super Predators. Main one was called BSP or Mr. Black.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 26, 2014, 03:31:19 AM
Depends on how it's pulled off.. If it's on the Predator homeworld or something, that just screams the 1994 script which I think we want to avoid!

Oh, come on... Haven't you always wanted to see a movie where Predators take a piss on their human captives?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 26, 2014, 11:46:28 AM
I'm actually really up for that. Garber is the Morse of the Predator franchise - a character that's ripe for follow-up but has never been explored.

The 'Requiem' guys invited him to do a cameo, but he literally told them to f**k off.

Not surprising. If you were him, you'd want your more recent work to be remembered, not the stuff you did from 'Independence Day' and 'Predator 2'.

I recall a lot of fans saying he was going to regret not featuring in it. Heh...

Quote from: Russ on Jun 26, 2014, 02:00:30 PM
I'm with Hicks on this. Why would Predators have only one body-type.

They haven't since 'Predator 2'. The fan-boy collective considered it heresy when Anderson gave them a couple of upper teeth in 'Alien Versus Predator', but somehow forgot Winston changed their entire heads in 'Predator 2'.

If anything, 'Predators' was the only one which made an attempt to go back to that original design. All the rest have always changed what they look like.

Lemonade

I don't think someone on Baldwin's level would really turn down Shane Black.

Highland

Highland

Wow this thread is a tough read for good news. My bullet points.

1) What could you possibly do with "Predators" sequel but do the exact movie over again? No. 
2) It's clear they don't want to follow anything from Predator 2 , numerous movie's prove this. No
3) Why would you suddenly throw a large amount of money at something that will make the same regardless? No

In my opinion this "reboot" may actually be a reboot. My initial guess would be that they replicate the original story with new characters and perhaps some slight differences, like two hunters instead of one, a different location and a female lead.

That's my bit for now, interested to see how this unfolds.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 28, 2014, 09:55:22 PM
Oh, come on... Haven't you always wanted to see a movie where Predators take a piss on their human captives?

Heh heh heh heh! God, no! Ha ha ha ha! No, no no!  :laugh:

Seriously, no.

The 'Requiem' guys invited him to do a cameo, but he literally told them to f**k off.

Is there actual proof of this? Like a video interview or something on commentary? I rarely listen to commentary tracks so.. if this is true, let me know!

They haven't since 'Predator 2'. The fan-boy collective considered it heresy when Anderson gave them a couple of upper teeth in 'Alien Versus Predator', but somehow forgot Winston changed their entire heads in 'Predator 2'.

This is profoundly true.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed