Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 93,354 times)

Russ

I would bet a fair amount of money that Arnie will be back (sorry).

It really does make perfect sense in terms of sequel continuity and his star power (that has real value when attached to his old franchises). It's doubtful that they'd have him fighting though (at least not hand to hand) - Shane Black's not a mug, after all.

Of course, we don't know anything at this stage, but it really is intriguing - after some initial reticence about this, I'm actually getting stoked up, it could be full of ace and awesome.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I can dig Arnie coming back in as an advisory character. Got no problem with that. I don't want him being front and centre though.

P.S I want Adam Baldwin to return.

DoomRulz

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 26, 2014, 01:55:12 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2014, 01:25:51 AM
This, so much. We had a brief glimpse of a Predator homeworld in AvP:R and that was that. I don't want a detailed breakdown of Predator political life :P

I actually agree with this. I just feel that Predator culture has been explored enough as it is already. We already know that they are a clan based society, we know that each clan has different views on hunting and practices in the Hunt, and if you count the AvP films.. we know that they have a Predator-Prey relationship with the Xenomorphs. We've seen the Predator Homeworld (though for some fans, they claim it's colonized world) and we've seen a preserve planet and a sub-species of Predator.

What more could be explore or added onto without having influences of Alien or Prometheus in this?

What do we want to see in this movie? What don't we want to see?

I would very much like to see a return to the basics on the Predator's end. That is, just a plasma cannon and wristblades; maybe a spear as well. He doesn't have to have a James Bond-sized arsenal to make the film entertaining, for me at least. I'd also like to see the same kind of pacing we had in the first film where the characters are picked off, one by one, slowly and painfully, as opposed to a head-on rush into the action like Predator 2.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 26, 2014, 11:10:07 AMP.S I want Adam Baldwin to return.
I'm actually really up for that. Garber is the Morse of the Predator franchise - a character that's ripe for follow-up but has never been explored.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 26, 2014, 11:10:07 AM
P.S I want Adam Baldwin to return.

Yesss. Never thought of that, but I love me some Baldwin!

Magegg

Quote from: happypred on Jun 26, 2014, 06:34:50 AM
Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 26, 2014, 06:32:22 AM
The only way I can see Annie returning is as an old advisor, kinda like Keyes. He could hunt the predator with his elite team (enter the new blood) without having to do unbelievable stunts at his age.

I ROTFL  :laugh:

p1nk81cd

I would love to see what Shane Black could do with an Alien movie.

On the subject of the new Pred movie: I hope the "Super" Predators return, but not as the 'big bads' of the film. Imagine a mixed species clan of them and the true Predators hunting side by side?

Uncanny Antman

I hope we never see them again. 

Magegg

Super Predators are a bad idea  :(

Corporal Hicks

They're not Super Predators though. Nothing in the final film really said that. I love the different tribes, I like the idea of blood feuds and different ideologies. They could have handled them much better (only one new Predators, a longer, more skilled classic vs new fight) but they were in no way the BSP's as in the original script.

Russ

I'm with Hicks on this. Why would Predators have only one body-type. Think of the Ancient Romans when they fought the Germans - the Germans were MASSIVE compared to the legionaries, they had a different language, different fighting style, different culture, different climate... different everything.

The black predators were a great idea and, in all honesty, I didn't think the execution was bad at all. I liked how they hunted as team, they all had their jobs and there was one leader - it was good. Whether they get carried over to IV remains to be seen - but as we know - its officially a sequel.

Magegg

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 26, 2014, 01:56:37 PM
They're not Super Predators though. Nothing in the final film really said that. I love the different tribes, I like the idea of blood feuds and different ideologies. They could have handled them much better (only one new Predators, a longer, more skilled classic vs new fight) but they were in no way the BSP's as in the original script.
Nope. They are Super Predators. The movie says, the ones who come back from a "big test" or something, come back different, they're changed, they're stronger, and they prey on regular Predators.

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 26, 2014, 01:52:46 PM
Super Predators are a bad idea  :(

So is anyone wanting to retcon Alien³.  :)

Magegg

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed