Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 93,357 times)

SiL

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 25, 2014, 06:26:35 AM
Oh, you don't get the director of one of the highest grossing movies of all time just to do a repeat. I'll bet you money that this thing is either going to be in space, or in the future on Earth. It's going to be a spectacle, I'll wager it.
You have literally nothing to base this on.

Spoonman101

Quote from: SiL on Jun 25, 2014, 07:53:46 AM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 25, 2014, 06:26:35 AM
Oh, you don't get the director of one of the highest grossing movies of all time just to do a repeat. I'll bet you money that this thing is either going to be in space, or in the future on Earth. It's going to be a spectacle, I'll wager it.
You have literally nothing to base this on.
Take his bet SiL! Student Loans are quite hefty!

Lemonade

Okay fine. Whatever the setting, it will still be a big spectacle movie. I base this on what was said in my first sentence.

SiL

Which is still based on absolutely nothing.

Shane Black wrote some of the biggest action movies, but Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was still a small film. It might be big. He might go back to the same scale as the original. You can't possibly know at this point.

Lemonade

Just going on my gut dude. I think someone finally said "How come Robocop, Terminator and Total Recall get these big budget redo's, and not Predator? Why was Predator reduced to a scaled back rehash of the original?"

It's also my desire. I want a big Predator. Give me the Terminator 2 of Predator films.

Master

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 25, 2014, 08:21:42 AM
Just going on my gut dude. I think someone finally said "How come Robocop, Terminator and Total Recall get these big budget redo's, and not Predator? Why was Predator reduced to a scaled back rehash of the original?"

It's also my desire. I want a big Predator. Give me the Terminator 2 of Predator films.

Dude, its called Predator2...

SM

Isn't Predator 2 the Weekend At Bernie's 2 of Predator films?

Lemonade

Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2014, 08:28:16 AM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 25, 2014, 08:21:42 AM

Dude, its called Predator2...

LOL. That movie that was directed by the A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 dude?! Nah. Its scope was not on T2's level.

SM

Hang on - do you want Judgment Day or Judgement Night?

Lemonade

I want something cerebral, big and rife with action. Strip away the horror!

Master

You have got LA setting 90' style and an unknown killer rampaging through city. Oh and the script was written by Thomas brothers. I'd say it's high end predator film with bigger scale then P1, right there. But I can't blame you if you prefere Ps. Nobody's perfect.

Spoonman101

Quote from: SM on Jun 25, 2014, 08:34:05 AM
Isn't Predator 2 the Weekend At Bernie's 2 of Predator films?
No, Weekend at the Bernie's 2 was better

Lemonade

Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2014, 08:44:37 AM
You have got LA setting 90' style and an unknown killer rampaging through city. Oh and the script was written by Thomas brothers. I'd say it's high end predator film with bigger scale then P1, right there. But I can't blame you if you prefere Ps. Nobody's perfect.

I'll have to give it a rewatch...

Spoonman101

I'm sorry I don't see why you guys criticize the Predator films so much. I enjoyed them a lot.

Lemonade

Because we love the 1987 film and know this franchise deserves better than the evil we've encountered so far: AvP, AvP 2, the Predator remake oops I mean Predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed