H.R Giger Has passed.

Started by draken161, May 13, 2014, 08:04:03 AM

Author
H.R Giger Has passed. (Read 36,122 times)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

f**k.

Rest in peace Herr Giger. Your work both challenged and inspired; confused and enlightened. May your nightmare continue to open minds through the ages.

:'(

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Genuinely sad atm.

RIP, Giger. Thanks for all the nightmares.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Wow... talk about shocking news. :'(

Rest in peace H.R. Giger, and thank you for designing the creature that has had such a profound impact on my life. Without your work Alien certainly would not have been the same wonderful and mesmerizing film that it is and I probably would not have been interested in film in the way that I am today.

You were definitely a genius in your field and, surely, will continue to inspire myself and others for many years to come.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The fact people are still so fascinated by his designs so many years later speaks volumes for how incredible they were.

RIP Giger.

Master

Master

On of those things you don expact until it`s too late. Sad, but that`s how the life goes.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Very sad to hear that he has died, I'd always intended to visit his museum at some point, and hopefully even meet the man.

I'd like to echo the comments that the things he created were truly unique, while there may be stylist imitations and interpretations in years to come today we lost the creative source, an artistic genius; the father of biomechanics.

RIP Hans.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'm incredibly sad for this. Unbelievable, almost.

Thank you for everything -- and Rest in Peace.

Requiem28

Requiem28

A true master of design.

Rest in Peace  :(

Cvalda

Cvalda

He's left behind a singular, peerless legacy, and the already estimable appreciation and influence of his work will only continue to grow.

RIP.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Crushing news. I, like other here, didn't know much of his artwork past Alien material, but I don't care. He arguably created the most menacing and frightening creature in the history of sci-fi. I will always admire and respect him and his work.

His legacy will always live on through fans like us.

R.I.P., Mr. Giger.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

this is quite a sad day indeed. I think many of us where moved and many more inspired by his work. Giger will be sorely missed but his awesome legacy lives on in his many original and amazing work like Alien and Species just to name a few.

R.I.P.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Xhan on May 13, 2014, 08:58:01 AM
Not that saying much would lend any kind of credence to begin with.

To say he had an impact on modern art, design and fictional enterprise is a vast and unyielding understatement. I got his autograph some years back on a pic of Big Chap along with Scott, Weaver, Skerritt, Kotto and Karl Toop, and it's unsettling and odd looking at it now as a piece of the past instead of the present.

He was an absolutely monstrous influence on my life and work, probably even still in ways I haven't encapsulated yet or learned to express. Few people are willing to approach things with the kind of honesty and lack of pretense laden adornment that he did, to speak their mind plainly and let their work speak on its own, for its own.

Fewer people still can claim to have created something 100% their own. He did all that and more.

The world is a smaller and lesser place today than it was before.
Well said.  :'(

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Im shocked, absolutely shcoked. Certainly havent expect that. It flet if someone just suddenly punched me in the chest, very sad and shcoking news. Very sad. He was a very, very unique and extremely talented artists

Magegg

Magegg

):

Such a brillaint artist.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Giger leave us and went to LV 426 to stay with his masterpiece forever and ever  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed