More "Fire and Stone" Previews

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 04, 2014, 03:55:23 PM

Author
More "Fire and Stone" Previews (Read 44,119 times)

happypred

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 12, 2014, 12:47:55 AM
Almost looks like Ahab killing the mutant..  :-\

That looks like one of the no-mesh "super predators" is attacking the mutant to little effect

SM

SM

That Predator has a wicked 'tache.

And is the one in the bottom panel ripping his own accelerant affected hand off - or another Predators?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Aug 12, 2014, 02:30:41 AM
And is the one in the bottom panel ripping his own accelerant affected hand off - or another Predators?

I'm willing to bet that this is going to be the mutant ripping off a Predator's hand. Something tells me a lot of Predators are going to be cannon fodder for this creature.

Quote from: happypred on Aug 12, 2014, 02:20:42 AM
That looks like one of the no-mesh "super predators" is attacking the mutant to little effect

That's probably an indication of the prediction above. "Super Predators" aside.. I'm thinking the Prometheus creatures are going to be getting all the cookies here for this comic run.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 12, 2014, 03:30:15 AM
. . .

What's likely is the "super predators" look like amateurs while wily veteran Ahab goes about being awesome. That's a nice way of pleasing predator fans who don't like the supers 

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Aug 12, 2014, 06:45:05 AM
That's a nice way of pleasing predator fans who don't like the supers

Personally, I still wouldn't want the "Supers". They were the deal breaker for me.

You guys have fun, I'm waiting for the Shane Black movie.

Corporal Hicks

I'm liking the looks of some of this art. And I'm pretty excited to see how everything is shaken up in the post Prometheus/Predators world. I can't wait to see the Super Predators rip Classic into pieces.

Master

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 12, 2014, 10:59:15 AM
I'm liking the looks of some of this art. And I'm pretty excited to see how everything is shaken up in the post Prometheus/Predators world. I can't wait to see the Super Predators rip Classic into pieces.

U trollin dude?

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 12, 2014, 10:59:15 AMI can't wait to see the Super Predators rip Classic into pieces.

I know right! I can't wait for the Deacons to take a big ol' sh*t all over the original aliens

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

November solicitations should be out this week, or maybe early next week, so we should expect a few more covers and story blurbs.

I'm just getting very excited thinking about how from October through January there will be some sort of A/v/P/Prometheus release just about every week.  ;D

And to put in my two cents: I can't wait to see Ahab go toe-to-toe with some Engineers and other Accelerant beasties.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Master on Aug 12, 2014, 12:59:58 PM

U trollin dude?

I am. Because I hate people calling them Super Predators. They're not. The Super Predators never made it onto the screen.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 12, 2014, 08:06:27 PM
I am. Because I hate people calling them Super Predators. They're not.

We can agree that they are far from super, arguably inferior if PREDATORS showed us anything. But whether or not they are called Super Predators, like it or not every official source out there has referred to them as such. NECA has referred to them as such, Fox has referred to them as such and more importantly, Rodriguez and Antal have referred to them as such.

Personally, I don't like them being lumped in as Yautja when the sub-species idea suggest they are not. They should be retconned to the Hish. Retcon that and all should be a little bit better.

As for them being in the new comics, according to Sebela.. these Super Predators aren't supposed to be Super Predators though the foot anatomy suggest otherwise. I'm going in as far as nothing more than design homage or merely artistic choice by Olivetti.

Master

Master

You and I both know where the term kame from and that it was never filmed (thanks God). But it's easier to use Super Predators in discussion instead of 'those other predators form Predators'.  ;)

happypred

happypred

It looks like Ahab is possibly going to be the only "Classic" in the series

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 12, 2014, 08:06:27 PM
Quote from: Master on Aug 12, 2014, 12:59:58 PM

U trollin dude?

I am. Because I hate people calling them Super Predators. They're not. The Super Predators never made it onto the screen.

Neither did a "runner" but we got over it.  ;D

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Aug 13, 2014, 12:17:13 AM
It looks like Ahab is possibly going to be the only "Classic" in the series

Unless we go by what Sebela says, then the other Predators might as well be "Classics" but wearing Super Predator type armor. Of course that assumption would hold up if the illustrations didn't suggest otherwise. At this point I think it's up to the reader to decide.

Though I wouldn't think that the Supers stopped their feud with the traditional Predators to form a unified clan or allow a "Classic" to lead them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed