Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016

Started by Gazz, Mar 24, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016 (Read 113,562 times)

Vickers

So I just checked now and Michael Green served as a producer in the first 2 seasons of Heroes but he only actually wrote for 3 episodes in total, all of which were solid episodes:

Season 1: Episode 5 "Hiros"
Season 1: Episode 14 "Distractions"
Season 2: Episode 2 "Lizards"

He also wrote for Smallville. I'm not sure how his writing was on Smallville - maybe someone else who watched the series can comment on the episodes he wrote:

Season 1: Episode 5 "Cool"
Season 1: Episode 7 "Craving"
Season 1: Episode 10 "Shimmer"
Season 1: Episode 18 "Drone"

But the fact he wrote for episodes that took place in the first season of both shows, and both of which received mostly positive reviews for their first seasons, is a good sign.

Now he's had a big blunder too: Green Lantern. But there were a few writers who worked on that script.

And he's written for Everwood and Sex and the City - I can't comment on his work on those shows because I don't really care for them.

It's difficult to judge now how he will do without actually seeing and hearing more of the story. And, even then, Ridley might make some questionable decisions on Prometheus 2.

T Dog

T Dog

So do yall actually think the March 2016 movie will be Prometheus 2 directed by Ridley Scott? What if it ain't? What then?
GAME OVER MAN.....GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vickers

Actually, not necessarily...

Aliens and Alien 3 were both fantastic and weren't directed by Ridley.

DoomRulz

I wouldn't call Alien3 fantastic. It's decent, but not on the level of Aliens in terms of quality.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 25, 2014, 12:30:47 PM
Actually, not necessarily...

Aliens and Alien 3 were both fantastic and weren't directed by Ridley.

My "Game Over Man" was in relation to the release date, not in regards Scott directing.

I don't think Scott knows a good script when he sees it unfortunately.
A younger, ballsy director who can get his/her way with the suits is what this movie needs.

Having said that, anyone who has seen the extended cut of The Counselor knows Ridley can still do gore.
I think Scott could still have "it". Time is just not on his side so he can't let things brew as much as they need to in pre/post production.

It's just frustrating to watch a director make movies that could be classics but always seem to stop short of being so due to some fundamental flaw(s), whether it be bad casting, plotting, editing, de biomechanising the Space Jockey, or underwriting/overwriting story.

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 25, 2014, 01:13:24 PM
I wouldn't call Alien3 fantastic. It's decent, but not on the level of Aliens in terms of quality.

Vickers

I personally prefer it to Aliens. And of course I'm talking about the Assembly Cut of the film.

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm cautiously optimistic with this. I am betting that Fox and Scott know full well the disappointments and triumphs from Prometheus. This sequel could be good, terrible, or mediocre. Who knows. We shall see.

Nice seeing all of the players posting again in the same form as before (myself included).

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 25, 2014, 02:24:24 PM

I personally prefer it to Aliens. And of course I'm talking about the Assembly Cut of the film.
Seconded.

LarsVader

I'm looking forward to the artbook. :P

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 25, 2014, 02:27:51 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic with this. I am betting that Fox and Scott know full well the disappointments and triumphs from Prometheus. This sequel could be good, terrible, or mediocre. Who knows. We shall see.

Nice seeing all of the players posting again in the same form as before (myself included).

If they are making this movie I shall be steering clear of the forums and the marketing campaign this time. I did spoil Prometheus for myself but in many ways it was triggered by the fact that they were so ambiguous in the first place about whether the movie was tied to Alien or not.

Vickers

I will make it my goal to get another comment immortalized on the Prometheus 2 Blu-Ray. :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 25, 2014, 02:44:33 PM
I will make it my goal to get another comment immortalized on the Prometheus 2 Blu-Ray. :laugh:

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 25, 2014, 02:44:33 PM

Why what happened before????????

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 25, 2014, 02:24:24 PM

I really can't choose between the two films, myself. While I can (and often do) watch Alien as a standalone film, I usually feel like I have to watch Aliens and Alien 3 together. As different as they are stylistically, I feel that the two combined make an even greater whole (despite Alien 3's mangled production showing through in either cut) and provide perfect closure to Ripley's main arc.

Alien 3 and Prometheus actually suffer from a lot of the same problems in my book, but I am usually much more forgiving of Alien 3. Prometheus never suffered through Alien 3's horrid production; instead it just felt rushed. A few rewrites and some better editing of the final film would have done Prometheus wonders. Alien 3, unfortunately, never had that option, and while the final film suffers from it I also feel that that adds a bit to its charm.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed