A Song of Ice and Fire

Started by Shasvre, Feb 02, 2014, 05:06:18 PM

Author
A Song of Ice and Fire (Read 33,301 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Stannis is one of my favorite characters. He is very flawed (but who in this series isn't?) and very harsh, but he does have his mind set on the right goals. Despite never having a POV chapter of his own he is one of the most interesting characters to read about, in my opinion, and definitely the most interesting of the three Baratheon brothers.

A new Tyrion chapter was released today via the ASoIaF app.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I'm not going to read any of it until the whole book is released.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yeah people are all upset when they forward me the chapters and I don't read them.  I don't like having spoilers that far in advance.  Sorry guys.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm in the same boat as both of you. Haven't even touched the chapter in the back of my copy of ADwD, and don't plan to.

Valaquen

Valaquen

GRRM released a new Winds of Winter chapter today. Read it here: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

Spoiler
Reading GRRM's new chapter, it looks like Arya has a chance to get back to Westeros within that novel, since the delegation is there and she has killed Raff in the guise of a Bravoosi mummer (not a 'glamour' she should keep up after that, and she's probably pissed off her Faceless masters). I hope she goes back for needle and stows her way back to King's Landing.
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 26, 2014, 09:41:12 PM
GRRM released a new Winds of Winter chapter today. Read it here: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

Spoiler
Reading GRRM's new chapter, it looks like Arya has a chance to get back to Westeros within that novel, since the delegation is there and she has killed Raff in the guise of a Bravoosi mummer (not a 'glamour' she should keep up after that, and she's probably pissed off her Faceless masters). I hope she goes back for needle and stows her way back to King's Landing.
[close]

Nice find, great stuff.
Nearly done with her list...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Not gonna read the chapter, but with how many he's been putting out lately I'm really hoping for a 2015 release...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2014, 02:43:05 AM
Not gonna read the chapter, but with how many he's been putting out lately I'm really hoping for a 2015 release...
I think we're getting this new novel in installments  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

This morning I finished reading "The Princess and the Queen, or, The Blacks and the Greens" from the Dangerous Women anthology that Martin edited. I really loved it. Lots of insane dragon action, and the Targaryen history is very, very interesting.

One bit of information that I thought was really interesting.
Spoiler
Near the start of the novella, Rhaenyra gave birth to a stillborn daughter with deformed dragon features much like Daenerys did in A Game of Thrones. I originally thought Daenerys' situation was a bit of an isolated case, but I guess not.

It's interesting just how closely tied the Targaryens and actual dragons really are. I wonder how far back that history goes, and what caused it.
[close]

Reading this has me really excited for the "The Rogue Prince, or, The King's Brother" in Martin's upcoming Rogues anthology.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Damn it, I need to get off my ass and read that myself. :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Definitely give it a go. It's a short read (a little over 80 pages, I think) and it is packed with a ton of great information.

Now I need to check the library and see if they have the anthologies with the Dunk and Egg stuff... I don't think I can wait for the actual anthology Martin has coming out in August next year :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I always get my mom the short stories for Christmas but haven't read any of them myself.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well, "The Princess and the Queen" certainly comes with my recommendation if you ever get the chance to read it :) I'll let you know soon enough about the Dunk and Egg stuff; I have the first one on request at the library. Hopefully it's in in a few days.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed