A Song of Ice and Fire

Started by Shasvre, Feb 02, 2014, 05:06:18 PM

Author
A Song of Ice and Fire (Read 33,560 times)

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 23, 2014, 04:59:01 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 23, 2014, 04:35:46 PM
You are a brave man, Omega, opening spoiler tags in a thread like this. :D
To tell the truth, several things have been spoiled to me, so far.

Sucks man.  :-\ Where are you and what do you know?

NA...speed up.  >:(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'm a few chapters into the first book and know about what happens in the red wedding, several character deaths, and other things.

Spoilers never actually affected me as much as other people, so it's no big deal, to be honest.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

As someone who had (most of) the Red Wedding spoiled myself, I can say that it didn't impact my enjoyment of anything at all. As it stands, the Red Wedding really was only the tip of the iceberg, and from then on everything else just got crazier and crazier.

I did have something about the ending of Dance involving Jon vaguely spoiled for me via a conversation I was having with someone who read the book on release (damn it I really need to read faster) a while back, and while it's a bit annoying having certain things like that in the back of my head it hasn't really impacted me while reading thus far.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to being able to go into the next volume completely fresh, whenever it eventually comes out. Hopefully next year, since this year is probably asking for way to much.

Right now, last thing I read was
Spoiler
Victarion getting his new burnt arm from  Moqorro. Pretty awesome stuff 8)
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 23, 2014, 05:49:18 PMI did have something about the ending of Dance involving Jon vaguely spoiled for me via a conversation I was having with someone who read the book on release (damn it I really need to read faster)

Don't worry, you can't possibly read so slow you won't be finished with ADWD before Martin releases the next book. :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Haha, definitely :D

I'm still wondering what the TV show is going to do if they catch up to him, and jut how much they will be able to overshoot him by.

Shasvre

Shasvre

At least Martin shared the general direction he's taking the books with the show's showrunners, so that if he dies, they'll know what to do.

I think a prequel season dealing with the rebellion could be awesome if the show catches up to the books. Or going even further back, the Targaryens invasion of Westeros.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 23, 2014, 06:02:47 PM
At least Martin shared the general direction he's taking the books with the show's showrunners, so that if he dies, they'll know what to do.

Yeah, I think Martin acknowledged that the show would overtake him and gave the endgame of the characters and story to the show-runners.

God I want Winds of Winter to be out soon.

Shasvre

Shasvre

George R.R. Martin teases us with a glimpse from The Winds of Winter.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=95182

Spoiler
Quote"Somewhere off in the far distance, a dying man was screaming for his mother. "To horse!" a man was yelling in Ghiscari, in the next camp to the north of the Second Sons. "To horse! To horse!" High and shrill, his voice carried a long way in the morning air, far beyond his own encampment. Tyrion knew just enough Ghiscari to understand the words, but the fear in his voice would have been plain in any tongue. I know how he feels."
[close]

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Now if only the damn book would come out.

Valaquen

Valaquen

He said a few years ago that it would come out in 2014. Maybe. They might release a date for its publication when the season is running... maybe

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm kind of thinking 2015, myself.

Trying to savor the last 150 pages or so of ADwD before I enter the long waiting period :D

Shasvre

Shasvre

ADWD was released in 2011, so it's not been that long of a wait. Yet...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

As somebody whose been reading them since a friend gave them to me in 2003 during my last year of hs......he never releases books when he says he will.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Aye, I'm not expecting anything until I'm holding the book in my hands. :laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Maybe HBO producers will speed him along.

But like has been said, if they had a season dealing with Robert's rebellion, well that would be pretty sweet.

TOWER OF JOY. 

Or even before then, SMILING KNIGHT.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed