Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2

Started by ShadowPred, Oct 27, 2013, 05:03:04 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2 (Read 56,177 times)

Blacklabel

..so they are "seemingly" taking their sweet time on getting it right?...Let's wait and see....

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 28, 2013, 03:03:51 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 27, 2013, 02:21:43 PM
Dang. Same state it's been in since last June. Definitely looking like Development Hell at this point.

RS should scrap the (unnecessary) Blade Runner sequel and pour everything into Prometheus 2.
I'd actually almost prefer it the other way around - I kind of want to see what he'd do with a Blade Runner sequel.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm bubbling over with curiosity too (BR and Alien are my two favourite films). But I fear some of the 'magic' of Blade Runner might be lost by tying a sequel to it, whereas I feel that Prometheus really needs some expanding...

Dowly

Quote from: Gazz on Oct 28, 2013, 03:58:41 PM
Scott also briefly mentions that he's still working on The Forever Wars...
Can't wait for that! Loved the book.

ArcticHuntress

Can't help feeling that Prometheus needs to be a trilogy of it's own, never mind a sequel.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Huntress84 on Oct 28, 2013, 06:17:20 PM
Can't help feeling that Prometheus needs to be a trilogy of it's own, never mind a sequel.

Scott has said in the past that Prometheus needs two sequels, with the third film tying in to Alien.

Mind you, he does say a lot of things.  :P

SM

He's also said any sequels will move further away from Alien.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SM on Oct 28, 2013, 10:35:38 PM
He's also said any sequels will move further away from Alien.

True dat. And personally, I hope they do.

Darth Vile

Good to get official confirmation...  :)

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 28, 2013, 04:50:19 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 28, 2013, 03:03:51 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 27, 2013, 02:21:43 PM
Dang. Same state it's been in since last June. Definitely looking like Development Hell at this point.

RS should scrap the (unnecessary) Blade Runner sequel and pour everything into Prometheus 2.
I'd actually almost prefer it the other way around - I kind of want to see what he'd do with a Blade Runner sequel.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm bubbling over with curiosity too (BR and Alien are my two favourite films). But I fear some of the 'magic' of Blade Runner might be lost by tying a sequel to it, whereas I feel that Prometheus really needs some expanding...
It shouldn't - even if Blade Runner 2 is total garbage, the original movie still exists and you can always re-watch it. :)

predxeno

Reading this News story about Ridley Scott and Prometheus reminds me of James Cameron and Avatar.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I wonder if Prometheus 2 and 3 are to be filmed back to back

locusta

F**K NO!! So they gonna rape the franchise two more times.

Leventa24

Nice to hear this news. Looking forward to seeing where things go from here. Should be a trip.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: locusta on Oct 29, 2013, 04:24:53 PM
F**K NO!! So they gonna rape the franchise two more times.
Luckily you won't have to watch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed