Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 401,611 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Kurgan on Oct 12, 2019, 02:10:02 PM
f**king awesome stuff here.

I love the greenish color scheme on the royal guard\warriors especially. Nice variant to the usual blue\brown ones.

What are the engineers based on? Something officially engineer or is it something else?

Fan-made casts based on sculpting blanks.

And the idea of painting the Praetorian green like the Evolved Warriors was that since Number 6 can molt into one she should prolly still be the same colour when she does.

Still Collating...

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 12, 2019, 01:04:39 AM
I've mostly been working on some Warhammer stuff in my painting time lately, but here's a bit of the AvP I've been tinkering with. A couple might be pics I already posted here tbh but I'm just dumping the lot:

They need a bit more modelling work, but these are the start of some corrupted Bio-weapons Division scientists who have started the path to Giger Monstrosity but aren't all the way there yet:

Dutch, who I'm painting in WY colours:

Starting to zazz up some of the female Engineers. A ton of work still to go:

Breach tokens and some less flimsy doors:

Some of the terrain I'm putting together for Unleashed:

Some close ups of a few units:

And some (unfortunately poorly lit in the first one) pics of my full Alien forces for THB:

I have such a fan-gasm every I see your painted minis...  :P

You have to record a battle report when you get to play the game. ;D

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm not really set up for recording, but I'll definitely be taking pics.

Got the modelling done on the first female engineer, and an undercoat/ink wash to start the colours off.

[cancerblack]

Finally settled on a paint scheme for the Aliens in Unleashed:

Corporal Hicks

I like it. The brown/bronze works quite well.

Whiskeybrewer

That does add a nice touch

[cancerblack]

Surprisingly, it's mostly green and orange washes over a white primer coat.  :o

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Opinion: I don't like Predaliens having dreadlocks or excessively fleshy colouration or structure.

Problem: I want a Predalien in my Unleashed force.

Solution: Make my own, less gimmicky Predalien.

Still Collating...

I'm liking it. And if it's a bit bigger then some other warrior/drone models, it'll be perfect.

[cancerblack]

Thanks to the pose and rocks, it's about 20% taller than its human born siblings.

Still Collating...

Then that'll be perfect. Plus with your color scheme, I'm sure the Predalien will look great.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 12, 2019, 02:51:19 PM
Then that'll be perfect. Plus with your color scheme, I'm sure the Predalien will look great.

You tell me:

Also finished the female Engineer a while back but only posted it to FB. The blurry pic is included because it's much more accurate to the colours, while the one with a flash washes them out but shows detail:

And some Predator objective tokens for the boardgame:

Still Collating...

Everything looks great as usual. Nice subtle but effective color scheme with the predalien. Has a hint of predator in it, but not too light, I like it.

The Replacement

Hi folks. Just bought myself a bunch of AVP:THB minis and the bas game yesterday. Looking forward getting stuck into it. Hoping to use the minis for my upcoming campaign of Alien RPG too.
Anyway, dropping in to say hi :)

razeak

The ebay prices really arent bad. I'm kind of surprised. There must not be much demand after all of us blew hundreds on the last two sales lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed