Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 214,151 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Sabby on Jul 02, 2014, 01:10:28 AM
I'd have done the same if this has started as and remained a friendly conversation, which it wasn't.

Sure you would.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

ah my two favorite people!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Who, God and African kids?

Cvalda

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2014, 10:12:17 PM
But isn't jaded cynicism, intolerance and ceaseless mockery much more constructive?

Quote"Mockery of religion is one of the most essential things because to demystify supposedly 'holy text dictated by god' and show that they are man made and what you have to show [is] there internal inconsistencies and absurdities. One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to laugh at authority... it is an indispensable thing people can call it blasphemy if they like, but if they call it that they have to assume there is something to be blasphemed - some divine work, well I don't accept the premise." - Christopher Hitchens

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

uh

do...do you believe in god?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

SM

SM

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 10, 2014, 08:07:43 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2014, 10:12:17 PM
But isn't jaded cynicism, intolerance and ceaseless mockery much more constructive?

Quote"Mockery of religion is one of the most essential things because to demystify supposedly 'holy text dictated by god' and show that they are man made and what you have to show [is] there internal inconsistencies and absurdities. One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to laugh at authority... it is an indispensable thing people can call it blasphemy if they like, but if they call it that they have to assume there is something to be blasphemed - some divine work, well I don't accept the premise." - Christopher Hitchens

lol Hitchens...

Sabby

Sabby

What's wrong with Hitchens?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Aggressively defended the Iraq war, hated women, general pompous blowhard, etc.
http://www.salon.com/2011/12/17/when_hitch_was_wrong/

Other than that he was a'ight.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 12, 2014, 05:57:03 PM
Aggressively defended the Iraq war, hated women, general pompous blowhard, etc.
http://www.salon.com/2011/12/17/when_hitch_was_wrong/

Other than that he was a'ight.
A Salon article?

And did he hate women?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Google is your friend if you'd prefer other sources.

Sabby

Sabby

You think everyone hates women though :P Oh no, someone points out that there needs to be more female comedians, and suddenly he's a misogynist.

Cvalda

Cvalda

His anti-feminist, anti-abortion stances, and his occasional public descriptions of women as "sluts", "slags" and "dykes" has nothing to do with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed