Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 214,221 times)

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: SiL on Oct 12, 2013, 02:38:43 AM
How have I made up a disagreement? Atheism doesn't tell you how to live your life. Religion does. Any disagreement these groups have has nothing to do with atheism, it's just people's opinions causing shit about the same shit they'd be causing problems for regardless of whether they believed in God or not.

Saying atheists are "divided" is f**king asinine -- worse, that there are atheists who agree. Atheist groups arguing over whose atheist group is better is hardly a step up from religious groups bitching about who's "right".

The only difference is people haven't started killing each other over it.

Yet.

And I'm reminded of that awesome South Park episode that detailed almost the same scenario...Groups of atheist fighting against each other when religion has been vanquished is a possible outcome.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Oct 12, 2013, 05:01:37 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 11, 2013, 01:30:53 PMFor every peaceful muslim there's more fundie terrorists just waiting to kill innocent people.

Before I respond, I have to ask out of respect: have you had someone close to you killed by a Islamic terrorist?

Somehow I doubt it.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 11, 2013, 01:30:53 PMFor every peaceful muslim there's more fundie terrorists just waiting to kill innocent people.

Before I respond, I have to ask out of respect: have you had someone close to you killed by a Islamic terrorist?

No but my home city of Boston was attacked and innocent AMERICANS were killed again. A good enough reason in my opinion to have a disparaging view of extremist Islam and in general.

Sabby

Sabby

Saying atheists are "divided" is f**king asinine

Probably should have been more clear. Atheist 'groups' are divided, and because they are the ones that organize the conventions, it effects all Atheists who want to attend those. The feminism groups that have attached themselves to it are more interested in offensive t-shirt rules and discussing rape culture then anything to do with Atheism, and rebranding it as 'our moral responsibility'. It's beyond ridiculous.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Sabby on Oct 15, 2013, 05:44:08 PM

Probably should have been more clear. Atheist 'groups' are divided, and because they are the ones that organize the conventions, it effects all Atheists who want to attend those. The feminism groups that have attached themselves to it are more interested in offensive t-shirt rules and discussing rape culture then anything to do with Atheism, and rebranding it as 'our moral responsibility'. It's beyond ridiculous.

I think think of several atheist factions at this time.

1. The hardline(According to KirklandSignature)-Dawkins,Attenborough, Hitchens(RIP)
2. The Avant Gardists/entertainers-Penn&Teller,Stapleton,Residents,Fanni Tutti,Carlin
3. Feministas
4. The Libertarians/Scientists- Degrasse-Tyson, Maher, Sagan(RIP),Dennett
5. Brights Movement
6. Cato Institute

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 15, 2013, 06:17:19 PMI think think of several atheist factions at this time.

1. The hardline(According to KirklandSignature)-Dawkins,Attenborough, Hitchens(RIP)
2. The Avant Gardists/entertainers-Penn&Teller,Stapleton,Residents,Fanni Tutti,Carlin
3. Feministas
5. Brights Movement
6. Cato Institute
That's nice, but can you explain how they conflict with each other and other atheist "factions"?

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: maledoro on Oct 15, 2013, 08:01:19 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 15, 2013, 06:17:19 PMI think think of several atheist factions at this time.

3. Feministas
5. Brights Movement
6. Cato Institute

That's nice, but can you explain how they conflict with each other and other atheist "factions"?

1. Hardliners want religion to "go away" no matter what and could be classifed as militant atheists.
2. The Avant Gardists are the peaceful/pacifist faction and promote the atheist way with their artistical outlets.
3. Feminista atheists are also militant but have a "girl-power" twist to it, conflicts with the two above due to their irrational methos.
4. The smartie Libertarian/scientist atheists seek to inform others through science and showcasing the awesomeness of science.
5&6 are think tanks in practice but are hardcore in preaching the values of libertarianism. Quite turn-offish in terms of appealing to rational folks.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 15, 2013, 08:43:53 PM
Quote from: maledoro on Oct 15, 2013, 08:01:19 PM

3. Feministas
5. Brights Movement
6. Cato Institute

1. Hardliners want religion to "go away" no matter what and could be classifed as militant atheists.
2. The Avant Gardists are the peaceful/pacifist faction and promote the atheist way with their artistical outlets.
3. Feminista atheists are also militant but have a "girl-power" twist to it, conflicts with the two above due to their irrational methos.
4. The smartie Libertarian/scientist atheists seek to inform others through science and showcasing the awesomeness of science.
5&6 are think tanks in practice but are hardcore in preaching the values of libertarianism. Quite turn-offish in terms of appealing to rational folks.
So...you told me how they differ from each other (something I already knew), but you didn't say how they conflict with each other.

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 15, 2013, 03:25:22 PM

No but my home city of Boston was attacked and innocent AMERICANS were killed again. A good enough reason in my opinion to have a disparaging view of extremist Islam and in general.

go red my comment I made two pages back.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Quote from: Sgt. Apone on Oct 15, 2013, 11:37:29 PM

I don't understand the relevance of colours to atheism.

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: TheLoneSpoon on Oct 15, 2013, 11:52:45 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Apone on Oct 15, 2013, 11:37:29 PM

I don't understand the relevance of colours to atheism.

It has everything to do with it. Everything.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

I found God guys

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

But they are, in a way. Atheism+ which was mentioned some pages ago, created a huge kerfuffle in the atheist community when it was introduced.

SM

SM

Unholier than thou athesists looking down their noses at moderate atheists.  Such snobs.

samoht

samoht

I don't consider myself an atheist, I consider myself normal. No child is born believing in any god, and we don't call newborns atheists do we?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed