Hudson ruins the movie for me.

Started by tmoldovan, Aug 27, 2013, 02:05:39 AM

Author
Hudson ruins the movie for me. (Read 5,178 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 23, 2013, 02:05:12 AM
I agree with local trouble that's what I meant,

:D

stephen

stephen

By the dialogue it is obvious that Hudson doesn't like bug-hunts because they're mundane.  I always took that to mean that the "bug-hunts" were either 1. false hunts in that there were no "bugs" in the first place but they had to go in to investigate something or other or 2. that the "bugs" that they did find were pretty much a very low threat.

The Stand up fight's that Hudson mentions I took to be about Human-human combat and had nothing to do with aliens at all.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I always interpreted "bug hunts" as being little more than glorified extermination duty.  As in, "dumbass colonists" would routinely overreact and call in the marines because some indigenous wildlife scared their kids or killed one of their pets.  Or varying degrees of that scenario.

JokersWarPig

Hudson is one of the best characters in the movie.

Kel G 426

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 23, 2013, 06:44:09 AM
I always interpreted "bug hunts" as being little more than glorified extermination duty.  As in, "dumbass colonists" would routinely overreact and call in the marines because some indigenous wildlife scared their kids or killed one of their pets.  Or varying degrees of that scenario.

I'd say you've interpreted correctly.

Local Trouble

I...don't know what to say.  I'm not accustomed to having other people agree with me.

Vermillion

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 23, 2013, 07:38:55 AM
Hudson is one of the best characters in the movie.

Best movie character of all time.  Period.

Biased...maybe.

Gash

Gash

I think Burke is more the problem for me. Not the slimy duplicity of the character, which is a major part of the plot, but actually the look and the performance don't quite cut it.

Hudson is what he is, almost comic relief.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed