Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Started by Shasvre, Jul 20, 2013, 05:03:28 PM

Author
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (Read 531,188 times)

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 31, 2013, 06:09:24 PM
Elba? But Batman is white.

So is Heimdall, and he rocked that role.

Aspie

I'd like to see Elba get the role, but considering that this Batman seems to be the one that will star in the JLA films and so forth, Warner Brothers probably isn't going to experiment with the character.

DoomRulz

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 31, 2013, 06:17:03 PM

Heimdall isn't as culturally significant or as well-known as Batman. You can't possibly begin to equate both roles.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 31, 2013, 06:26:07 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 31, 2013, 06:17:03 PM

Heimdall isn't as culturally significant or as well-known as Batman. You can't possibly begin to equate both roles.

But I just did.

I'd rather see Elba play Gordon, though.

Magegg

I don't see there could be any reason why Batman could not be black.

The only problem could be the Ultra-Racists. Otherwise, I think we could have a blonde Batman or a black Batman with no problem at all.

Tangakkai

Fact is the world is changing, the average american is no longer white, films should reflect that. So there's nothing wrong with a few iconic figures looking different than 40 years ago...

If you say batman should only be white and no black actor should have a chance for a casting, you're basically saying we're allowing our lead roles to be frozen in the time of 1960...

I'm not saying every superhero has to be brown or anything... I'm just saying demographics are to be taken into account if the movie isn't about the time 40 years ago...

and most important: a good actor, is a good actor... period.

Magegg

I'd be way MUCH more interested in seeing Elba as Batman, becuase of his acting, than any other actor mentioned in the last 5 pages of this thread.

He is completely AWESOME  8)

Too bad WB is that conservative with their characters, specially Batman and Superman.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd like Elba as a Green Lantern that doesn't suck.

http://jezebel.com/idris-elba-as-green-lantern-makes-us-feel-feelings-880718299

Nightmare Asylum

Give Elba the James Bond role he wants :P

DoomRulz

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 31, 2013, 06:54:31 PM
I don't see there could be any reason why Batman could not be black.

The only problem could be the Ultra-Racists. Otherwise, I think we could have a blonde Batman or a black Batman with no problem at all.

Meh, guess I'm just a purist. I wouldn't want to see a white guy playing Luke Cage because Luke Cage is black.

Sexy Poot

Ugh this seems to be to new trend. Make Batman black! Make Spider-man gay!

What you don't want those characters changed? RACIST!!! HOMOPHOBIC!!!

It never friggin ends...

Magegg

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Jul 31, 2013, 11:49:39 PMUgh this seems to be to new trend. Make Batman black! Make Spider-man gay!

What you don't want those characters changed? RACIST!!! HOMOPHOBIC!!!

It never friggin ends...
It's a very different case, because unlike homosexuality, blackness doesn't define your potential relationships with other people (or at least it shouldn't). There's simply not a reason why Bruce Wayne could not be black.

SiL

... he's a freakin' Norse god. From real world mythology, that people lived and fought and died over, not a damn comic book character.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 31, 2013, 07:35:34 PM
Give Elba the James Bond role he wants :P
Yes please.

Sexy Poot

Yes but Doom is talking about the character as in relation to the "Thor" universe.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Aug 01, 2013, 12:09:40 AM
... he's a freakin' Norse god. From real world mythology, that people lived and fought and died over, not a damn comic book character.

Like Sexy Poot said, in terms of a comic book character, he isn't. Batman will always be more well-known in that sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed