NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 848,361 times)

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I agree that the Chestburster could look more scary, guess I'll have to wait for them to do the '79 chestburster to see if there's an improvement and yeah, the fingers on the Facehugger are a bit silly, that pose was really in one scene only in Aliens.

I know it's very hard to do at that scale, but I wish the fingers had a bendy wire or a hinge that could move all the fingers together so that we can have a crawling and a facehigging facehugger in one. At least we have the bendy tail.
I do think we'll eventually get facehuggers pre-posed in a facehugging position that can be easily clipped on other people's faces.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I'd buy 1:1 sculpts of chestbursters and facehuggers from neca in a heartbeat...

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think neca makes this one.

I have a covenant facehugger but im not sure if its neca though.

The Old One

The Old One

That doesn't look like a Covenant Facehugger, they're much more gruesome.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Certainly not as detailed as the actual film prop but i find it excellent none the less.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 20, 2018, 12:49:00 PMI have a covenant facehugger but im not sure if its neca though... Certainly not as detailed as the actual film prop but i find it excellent none the less.

They're not the Covenant Facehugger per se, they're just cheapy foam replicas of the classic design Fox had made for promotional purposes a couple of years back, used at Alien Day events and during the build-up to Covenant. I have one myself that I swiped from an Alien Day thing in London ;D They're crude but pretty good for how rudimentary they are!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Pretty sure they were made specifically for Covenant and released for the alien day that lead up to covenants release. Would be the reason for being more skinny with visable veins. Not a match for the film version. But it is intended to be the covenant hugger as far as im aware.

Both foam huggers are not really cheap either, perhaps made cheaply but they usually run between 60 - 99 dollars. (Ill admit that what is expensive to me is probably cheap to others.)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Been waiting for ages for these AR figures! They nailed the xeno.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 20, 2018, 06:44:14 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jul 19, 2018, 01:32:53 AM
Loving that AR Alien sculpt.

Ugh.

Ahaha, look I'm not saying it's a great design.

But NECA'S AVP Alien and AR Alien are their best sculpts so far.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 20, 2018, 07:11:18 PM
Ahaha, look I'm not saying it's a great design.

But NECA'S AVP Alien and AR Alien are their best sculpts so far.

Oh I know, I just... It bums me out.

Even the SH Figurearts AVP warrior got better treatment than their big chap. It's a nice little figure, but when you compare the SH Big Chap to the AVP Warrior in terms of craftsmanship the AVP warrior beats it resoundingly.

I'd love to know what the best option is for the best Big Chap out there.

The Old One

The Old One

I think the revoltech big chap is my personal favourite without getting into the 100+ range. Although it's small in terms of accuracy, colouration and articulation it's the best one for that price range.

In terms of something in the NECA scale, it has to be the Play Arts Kai Lurker, at least for now. Despite the sculpt being very stylised.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 20, 2018, 12:18:38 PM
I think neca makes this one.

I have a covenant facehugger but im not sure if its neca though.

And it looks like crap in terms of details.
As others pointed out.

426Buddy

426Buddy

:(

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 21, 2018, 03:21:17 AM
  :(
Compared to figurines, this has almost no detailing. Overpriced for what it is IMO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed