Started by Ratchetcomand, Jun 17, 2013, 08:37:13 PM

Author
Man of Steel 2 (Read 8,756 times)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

or...

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Haha, nice one novak  :) i would have picked him too even before bolton... But he does look a bit old for lex  ;) altough i admit, roose surely isn't much younger

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Yeah that's the only kicker, shame we weren't discussing this say ten years ago!

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Is the sequel(if it even gets made) gonna be called "Men of Steel"? I hope Lex Luthor isn't the villian or main one at that. I never understood how he is a credible threat to Superman. I get that he can be considered a cerebral type villian like the Joker but he doesn't come across as someone who can go toe to toe with Supes unless he has that mecha suit.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 26, 2013, 01:11:30 PM
Yeah that's the only kicker, shame we weren't discussing this say ten years ago!

A luthor always pays his debt  ;)

Kirkland, I mostly agree, however I've never seen the real lex luthor on the big screen doing justice to the luthor I know from the jla-animated series... So if you do him right, he's one nasty piece of work for superman. Besides he doesn't fight supes with brute force, but with his wit, that's what makes him an audience puller.

This all being said, I don't need him in the movie at all, they should finally focus on braniac

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 26, 2013, 02:51:57 PM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 26, 2013, 01:11:30 PM

A luthor always pays his debt  ;)

Kirkland, I mostly agree, however I've never seen the real lex luthor on the big screen doing justice to the luthor I know from the jla-animated series... So if you do him right, he's one nasty piece of work for superman. Besides he doesn't fight supes with brute force, but with his wit, that's what makes him an audience puller.

This all being said, I don't need him in the movie at all, they should finally focus on braniac

I think it's because he's everything Superman isn't, much like the Joker is to Batman, done right he could be perfect for a sequel.  Imagine Superman now realising his full potential as a hero and what it means to be, enter Luthor who can push him to his limits by exploiting his weaknesses, using them against him.  It can only add to his character arc.  Mark Strong is a good choice, but what about Mark Pellegrino or Phillip Seymour Hoffman?

Aspie

Aspie

lol, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a great actor, but would not look the part. At all. In fact, they would have to CGI is body, and take 30 years off his face.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 26, 2013, 03:07:18 PM
lol, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a great actor, but would not look the part. At all. In fact, they would have to CGI is body, and take 30 years off his face.

I don't get what you mean?  :laugh:

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 25, 2013, 11:17:38 PM
Mark Strong is not a boring actor at all but with him being Sinestro already it would be a little weird.

Personally I'm fine with Luthor as the villain along with Metallo.

We'll have to agree to disagree then because every villain he plays seems pretty much identical to me. Why people keep giving that guy work i don't know.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Mark Strong is a good actor, somebody already mentioned Body of Lies, also Rocknrolla and Kick Ass.  He looks the part and he's got the acting experience to pull it off I think.  Providing his character is written well too

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 26, 2013, 05:40:58 PM
Mark Strong is a good actor, somebody already mentioned Body of Lies, also Rocknrolla and Kick Ass.  He looks the part and he's got the acting experience to pull it off I think.  Providing his character is written well too

*shrug* to each his own. TBH he just plays the same villain over and over in every film pretty much. I really hope they go with someone else to be Luthor.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Jun 26, 2013, 05:50:32 PM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 26, 2013, 05:40:58 PM

*shrug* to each his own. TBH he just plays the same villain over and over in every film pretty much. I really hope they go with someone else to be Luthor.

Recommendations?

Ratchetcomand

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 20, 2013, 08:17:13 PM
Batman in Man of Steel 2?

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/man-of-steel/26511/man-of-steel-sequel-to-feature-superman-and-batman

Yep. This news is exploding everywhere. Apparently, this will be the World's Finest adaptation.

Abe

Abe

I know it's just a rumor, but does anyone else really hope this is true?

http://www.inquisitr.com/897541/christian-bale-offered-50-million-to-play-batman-in-man-of-steel-2-rumor/  :o

It would be amazing if Christopher Nolan's Batman could fit into the Man of Steel Universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed